Monday, October 29, 2007

BACA & Halloween Party

My nephew Aaron called me the other day and asked for the use of our van because he's doing a documentary on "Bikers Against Child Abuse" (BACA). So he jimmy rigged a camera in our van and Sam drove down the street with the side door and back door open of the van. I tell you, never a dull moment in our life! Here is Aaron and his friend getting everything set up:


Here is an action shot:


This is a pretty sweet skull one of the BACA guys had on his bike:


Fern even joined in and rode with all the bikers! Whoo-hoo Fern! You are one sexy BACA mama!!!


Saturday afternoon we went to the Gallivan center in Salt Lake City to attend a Halloween Festival. Parker wouldn't dress up but Carson was way into it. Carson put on his costume and then a few minutes later I couldn't find him. I went into my room and he was totally doing Spiderman poses on my bed. I was laughing my guts out! What a nut job!


Here are Sam and I at the festival. Sorry about Sam's eye. I guess my hair is a little too big!


Here are a few of my favorite costumes I saw that day:
This robot girl was hysterical. She could hardly walk! Her eyes were flashlights.


I'm not creative at all, but I think that I might be able to throw together a grocery sack like this sometime!


We watched a juggling show and at one point they needed some volunteers. Carson was chosen and he was pleased as punch! They were throwing the pins in front and behind the row of kids and I've never seen Carson stand so still before! Maybe I should threaten to throw juggling pins at him once in awhile to get him to settle down! j/k! OH yeah, check out the missionary costumes on the left! Only in Utah....


And finally, as many of you know, downtown Salt Lake City is in the middle of a huge ol' facelift. Here are the remnants of the old ZCMI Center Mall. Exciting in a way, but kind of sad too!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow. Salt Lake is changing fast. Are they still going to demolish the Ben Life tower? That would be tragic. All the memories. Just think, if it wasn't for that job, you and Sammy probably wouldn't have met.

Anonymous said...

Another blackmail picture in Carson's future! What in the world is that white furry thing in the first van picture?

Anonymous said...

the white fuzzy is the microphone!