Friday, October 26, 2007

I Think I Am So Funny

Too bad I don't have a picture to go with this story because it was hilarious!

Yesterday Parker and I took a walk up to the school to get Carson and his friend Lee at the end of the day. Lee has had a loose tooth for 2 months and I'm always harassing him to just pull the dang thing out! It's on top and in front and it's been jutting out at a weird angle for quite some time. Lee refuses to pull the tooth out because he just knows one day it will fall out. For some reason I made this tooth my mission on our 15 minute walk home. I piled on the peer pressure to the extreme (it's a good thing I never got into drugs!). Finally Lee got really mad and said "I will pull it just once and that is IT!!!" He pulled and the tooth came flying out, just before we got to his house! I could not stop laughing! Then I only had about 30 seconds before we reached his house to explain to Lee how awesome he was and how his mom was going to be so proud of him...Lee bravely swallowed the blood and put on a happy face when his mom opened the door. :) I really hope the tooth fairy was nice to him last night! So, I would be happy to hire out my peer pressure services to anyone who has a stubborn child and need something taken care of.

Examples of my services are as follows:
Ripping band-aids off
Pulling off a crusty scab
Yanking loose teeth
Holding the child down while they get stitches or shots
Scrubbing out a skinned knee so it doesn't get infected

I'm open to other suggestions...just think of things you hate doing due to your natural compassionate instincts!

Okay, change of subject...

Carson's birthday was a few weeks ago and he brought home a really cute book from school the other day. All the students in his class would write what they hoped Carson would get for his birthday and then they would draw a picture of this item.
Such as this:


Or this:


Carson loved reading and looking at everything people wrote. Then he came to this picture:

It's supposed to be a transformer. He just stared at it for a long time and said "It looks like a clown....swimming...." I couldn't not hold back the laughter, he said it soooo seriously! Then he continued to stare at the page for about 5 minutes, just TRYING to see it as a transformer.... I just love that swimming clown!

On a serious note;
Parker got so sick last night it scared the heebie jeebies out of me. We almost took him to the ER. He woke up at about 10:00pm with a horrible honking/wheezing cough and he could hardly breathe. His chest kept going all concave because he couldn't get a good breath. Then as I was holding him he broke out into a crazy fever. It was insane! Sam called our friend Davis over and they gave Parker a blessing. Parker was able to calm down and sleep through the night. This morning he still had a fever but he wasn't coughing as hard. I know these things are worse at night so tonight should be interesting.

Then Carson kept having coughing fits all night as well. He woke up today and I swear he had popped a blood vessel in his eye because his eye was blood red! So, he stayed home from school and needless to say, we're still in our pajamas today and that's just fine by me! Sometimes we need to tell life that we're having a personal day....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have stayed home in my pajamas today...

Good update.

Anonymous said...

i recall you bringing parker to us and you leaving town and asking us to take his stitches out for you!! ha