Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why I Love Carson

Carson is unique and he is proud of it. He is such a fun child to have. Here's what he's been up to the past few days:

On Sunday morning he was determined to put a tie on Parker. I seriously love the look on Parker's face in each picture. He's like "Sure Carson, I'll humor you..."



However, same Sunday morning, he didn't take too much care in his own personal appearance. One pant leg was rolled caught in his sock and you should have seen how high his pants were pulled up, it HAD to be uncomfortable!


Later that day, he piled pillows up at the base of the stairs. Then he rode down the stairs in the laundry basket and crash landed at the bottom. Just before this picture he sliced his big toe open from the unsafe nature of this experience. Of course I told him to buck up and go again so I could get a photo (in fact I wouldn't give him a bandaid until he went one more time!).


Yesterday I was working at the computer and Carson casually walks up to me and hands me a (GAG) tooth. He didn't make a fuss at all, he just knew it was loose and he yanked it out. I thought it was so funny because the first 3 teeth he lost were kind of traumatic for him. I guess the novelty has worn off and he's just tired of the baby tooth game. I told him he looked like a Jack-O-Lantern. Here is his best impression of a pumpkin.


This isn't totally Carson related, but I thought I'd share anyway. Every year Fern paints pumpkins for my boys. We give her the pumpkins and a picture of a cartoon character and she paints the pumpkins. This year Carson wanted Scooby Doo and Parker wanted the caveman spongebob. I'm always so impressed by her craftiness! One year we had tons of pumpkins in our yard and the only ones that got stolen were the ones she painted. Now THAT'S a compliment! We got smart and we bring the painted pumpkins inside the house at night before we go to bed. :)

7 comments:

The Airharts said...

Carrie, I love this whole post. I think its all so funny. I cant wait for my kids to make me laugh every day like this. I'm tellin ya I slaped my knee while I was laughing during the story of carson sliding down the stairs with a bleeding toe. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

you rock as a mom! fern must be an awesome aunt!!:-:-:-:

nalani said...

Carson's pants are killing me in that picture! Parker is a good sport---I think you should let his hair grow out long again.

The Buckley's said...

Those are such funny pictures and stories! I love the pants tucked into the sock and pulled up sky high! What a funny kid. Your are such a funny mom "no bandaid until you sacrifice yourself again so I can get a picture!" Thats great!!!!

Rose said...

That boy reminds me so much of Sam. One day I was cleaning up the living room and Sam (age 3) asked me where I was going. I said, "I'm going crazy, ya wanna come?" He got all excited and said "Sure!" He starts running around to get ready to go and of course I'm just laughing, waiting to see what he does next. He comes up to me and asks, "Rose, can I take my cars to Crazy's house?"

Anonymous said...

Carrie, you are such a sentimental mom--did I teach you that?! This is a great blog, and I hope Carson got a hug after the second trip down the stairs. Fern, will you do our pumpkins?!!

Sarah said...

It's a good thing i don't live near you..it'd be my new goal to steal those pumpkins!! Looks like Fern is a real artiste...your kids are lucky!