Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Carson!

Today is Carson's 7th birthday! I am basically tripping out that he is already 7.

We celebrated his birthday this past Sunday at Curtis and Shandy's house. It was convenient because we were already getting together for a Mexican themed cousins dinner, so I brought a pinata! Carson picked out a Pirates of the Caribbean pinata, do you think he's a little excited?


Of course we let him go first...


And then my dad gets to go second because he loves pinata's! Right after we blindfolded him Cody tried yanking down his jeans...saw that one coming!


The mad scramble!!


The cutie birthday boy! He loves the cartoon "Ben 10" so he got lots of Ben 10 stuff plus Grandma and Grandpa gave him a keyboard, which he LOVES! I hear him in his room playing it constantly!


Check out this cool thing Curtis and Shandy gave him! He will be able to store lots of treasures in it!


And here is his GHETTO cake. I can say that because I made it. The green frosting I bought was really to frost cookies so it's meant to spread out and fill in the gaps. I was trying to use it to write "happy birthday" on his cake. That big blob on the right side? That USED to be a star! Times like this I am reminded of why I don't try being domestic too often...


Today for Carson's actual birthday I told him I'd take him anywhere he wanted for lunch. Gee, guess where he wanted to go? That's right, ga-nasty McDonalds to the ga-nasty playland! Oh well, he was happy and after all, it IS his birthday!

An update on Parker: He is offically potty-trained! He really impresses me because he has never had an accident at night! I thought for sure he would last night because he hadn't gone potty since about 5pm and he woke up dry this morning at 7:45am. This might sound gross, but I wish I would have timed how long it took him to relieve himself this morning! While he was "going" I put both contacts in! :) I think my kids are going to hate me when they grow up and read this blog.....

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I happen to love the GHETTO cake. Who cares what it looks like, as long as it tastes good! I can't believe Carson is 7! That's crazy. He's a cute kid. He looks just like Sam.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday carson!! it looks like you had a fun day!! love you

Anonymous said...

But Carson, I don't want you to grow up!! You are so much fun, but I know you always will be! Love ya...

Susan said...

Looks like a fun birthday! Good job getting Parker potty trained. A few months diaper free.