Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Utah Jazz!

First of all a big "THANK YOU" to Chris Hughes for hooking us up with awesome tickets for tonight's pre-season opener for the Utah Jazz. The tickets were located on the 12th row behind the Jazz bench. Because my nights are sketchy at best with how I'm feeling, Sam took Carson on a Father/Son outing.

I was a little nervous about Carson's ability to focus for an entire NBA game, but Sam said he was great! From this picture I'm pretty sure he had a good time:


You know how when your kids are one or two years old and all they want to play with on Christmas morning is the paper and boxes that their presents were in? Well, Carson is 7 and check out the pure joy on his face when he got to have this piece of confetti!!??!! I love this guy!


To make the night even better, he got to ride Trax. Dreams do come true...


Sam did get a serious picture out of him, very GQ! For some reason he looks soooo much like Sam in this photo, well at least to me he does. Fern, Rose, Natalie Peton, Eden...what do you think? Sam junior??


I guess I should include a picture of some Jazz players...Here is that Russian who doesn't want to play for the Jazz anymore and that guy from another faraway country who has some bizarre teeth... :)


By the way, the Jazz lost...

8 comments:

Jess said...

Hahaha.. I love your family. Tell the boys "hi" for me! And that serious picture of Carson is pretty sweet lookin'.. Not that I know what little Sweet Sam looked like, but sweet as in awesome looking. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

totally sam jr!! that is kinda freaky ;-) i am glad that i didnt get the message to watch the boys so carson could go with sam-- i guess.... look forward to seeing you tomorrow morn!! go jazz! really go....

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I didn't know Sam as a boy, but I can totally see him in this photo of Carson. Poor AK, too bad he can't play every minute of every game...

Natalie said...

EVERY picture of Carson looks like Sam Jr. To make the memory complete, take his shirt off, and have him play in the dirt with matchbox cars, Bo and Luke Duke action figures, and GI Joe guys. Oh, and add scroungy little tom boy who didn't comb her hair (or let her mom comb it). Then, it truly would be a blast from 1982.

Anonymous said...

I love you Nat! I wouldn't have traded any of it for anything. I think I'm going to get some old plywood and build a hut sometime this week.

Eden said...

But you have to make sure to subsequently burn the hut down from playing with hairspray and a lighter (where were our parents??)!

And yes, Carson looks exactly like Sam!

Anonymous said...

wasn't the action figure a he-man?--it is driving me nuts now!! may i add, dirty faced tom-boy! the memories are great eh?! love your blog nat!

Anonymous said...

Eden, the pictures you posted of you when you were little is how I always remember you..ha ha!

Fern, you're right, there were He-Man action figures. There was a big basket of them at Roses for a long time and I went straight for them whenever I went to her apartment. Lekker (did I spell that right?) was the big monster they all rode on.