Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Raking Leaves...Carson Style

I usually rake the leaves this time of year and I normally enjoy it. However, while pregnant, raking leaves is really uncomfortable and it plain ol' hurts...

Our lawn was in dire need of some raking attention so I had a little chat with Carson. I explained that it hurts mommy's tummy to rake leaves and it needs to be done so I would like him to be in charge of this project. I also told him that when there is work to be done we don't complain, we just do it. I may have also bribed him with a dollar somewhere in our little heart to heart chat!

Carson was a trooper! He had a blast, so in "Carrie" terms, that means it took FOREVER! That's okay, I was grateful for the help.

Here is a picture Carson took of me, watching him rake. Sam told me that everybody who drove by probably laughed at me but I don't care!


Here are a few shots of Carson in action. He seriously cracks me up!




Happy Halloween tomorrow! Make sure you remind your kids that when they get home from trick-or-treating, moms and dads get to pick 5 items out of their loot to keep for themselves!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job parenting, Carrie. Bribery is a wonderful thing and Carson is such a good sport!

Anonymous said...

i love it!! sometimes when mommy doesn't feel good everyone around should put on there big boy pants and take care of her without complaining!!! way to go carson!!!

laura said...

teach 'em young, that's what i say! decided on a name for that bambino?

Holly Strong said...

Carson is AWESOME!!!! and those are great pictures!!!! ONLY 5 pieces!?!?! Not at our house, the kids get 5 and I get the rest. LOL!!!!

Richard and Sharon said...

I'm just proud of you for teaching your kids how to work. Good going Carrie! Bribery is legal when it comes to raising kids!

nalani said...

I can't wait until I get to turn my kids into slaves someday! I'll make them weed the garden just like my mom did---even though we never grew anything in it!

Susan said...

Yeh, Carrie, only five pieces? You guys are way too nice.