Sunday, October 19, 2008

Come On Guys, Play Along!!

GUESS THE WEIGHT CONTEST!

So here is the pumpkin we grew in our yard this summer. This thing is HUGE! I have no idea how much it weighs, but I want everybody to guess the weight (of the pumpkin, NOT ME! For my self esteem, PLEASE do not guess MY weight!).


To put it in perspective, here is the pumpkin next to my favorite beverage:


The contest will end at noon on Wednesday, the 22nd. Shortly after that I will weigh the pumpkin on my bathroom scale.

What does the winner receive? To the winner, I will make you a batch of homemade nougat, as previously discussed a few blog postings ago. I don't care where you live, I will ship some to you, I promise!

There are only two rules: You have to guess the weight in a comment, no later than noon on Wednesday Mountain Standard Time AND if your guess is higher than the actual weight of the pumpkin, you will be disqualified.

I guess I should add one more rule: If you live in my neighborhood...you cannot come lift the pumpkin because that's not fair to out of staters.

Okay, start your guessing.....NOW!!!

For another new update, check it out below.

24 comments:

Eden said...

Your nougat is just about my favorite treat in this entire world (every Christmas I miss working at Beneficial when I think of it). And since I saw your post about making nougat as a family, I've been craving it--so I'd better win!

Anyway, my guess is 33.5 pounds.

The Buckley's said...

I'm guessing 43 lbs. I hope i'm close. That is an awesome pumpkin. Good job Sweet's!

Amy B. said...

I'm thinking 47 lbs...and if I don't win, I will stalk you until you give me the nougat recipe...WaaHaaaHaaaHaaaa!

Ginger said...

36 lb's

Jess said...

i'm going to have to say.... 31.6 lbs

Anonymous said...

i already got some nouget!! yum yum!! but there is always room for more!! my guess is 24 lubs

Carl and Pat said...

51 lbs.

The Airharts said...

Hey I'm going to guess 25 lbs.

Jess said...

so, sorry to interrupt the guessing game, but i tagged you and i really want to you respond to it - 3 embarrassing moments!

cathy said...

41 lbs.

Ryan said...

50 lbs

Mary Ann said...

38.5 pounds....I am willing to do a little guessing for a treat!

laura said...

i'll guess 42 lbs

Unknown said...

It just has to be 48 pounds...........

Uncle Phil

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

29.5 pounds! Oh I can't wait to taste that nougat! Even if I don't win you should send me some. (I am totally playing the nine months prego card right now!)

Sweet Girl said...

Hmmm... it looks as big as Hunter so I'm going to go with 39.5 lbs, and if I win can I have cookies instead!

Natalie said...

26 libs (that's what Sarah thought lbs. meant). I will win.

Shaunab said...

Hi Carrie, Told you I was a stalker but I can't help but guess. lets go with 65.5 pounds.

Meridith O. said...

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess 28lbs.

Holly Strong said...

Davis says 45 lbs. I guess 36 lbs.

PrincessKatie said...

That is awesome what a cool pumpkin i really wish I could go weigh it though so I can win your contest. I really hope I win it! My guess is 37 pounds

Anonymous said...

KARADIE
so my guess is 37 and 1/2 pounds!!!
and i want that nougat!!

Darren Clark said...

I've never understood the guess the right number without going over thing... and I don't like nougat, so 43.78 pounds

Rose said...

Let's see, it's bigger than your baby and more solid, so I'll guess 47 lbs. Oops, that one has already been taken, so how about 47.5 lbs