Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Winner

And the winner is.....Natalie Peton!

What did she win? She won my apology and empathy when I tell her that she didn't win the "what does the pumpkin weigh" contest. Nat, I hadn't weighed the pumpkin yet when you emailed me with your plea to win. I was rooting for you, but alas, it wasn't meant to be!

The nougat winner: EDEN BORROWMAN!!! Holy crap Eden, your guess was right ON! If you didn't live in Idaho I would have SWORN you came to my house in the middle of the night to weigh it yourself.

The pumkin weighs just barely under 34 lbs. Eden guessed 33.5 lbs. She was my first comment and the winner. I'm blown away.



Thanks for everyone's participation. That was lots of fun, maybe I'll do something similar again. One comment surprised me...I learned that my brother, my own flesh and blood, does not like nougat. I never, ever, knew that! That's blaspheme Darren!

Eden, I have your address, be expecting a package soon!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

You Suck! You totally got me! I did an air pump with my fist and a big loud, "YES!" Then I felt stupid. Good thing only the baby saw me. Enjoy your nugget Eden. At least it stayed in the family.

Eden said...

How funny (and fortunate)!

Do you know (and I feel really nerdy admiting this), I acutally found a website talking about how to estimate the weight of giant pumpkins (the ones that are several hundred pounds) and I figured I could adapt the info.

I'm THRILLED it worked!

Amy B. said...

I still want the recipe...I mean I REALLY WANT THE RECIPE PLEASE....PRETTY PLEASE.....

Anonymous said...

Barton Family...Pumpkins don't come from recipes, they come from seeds! Giant pumpkin seeds! (and water and sunlight)

Amy B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy B. said...

Sam....No Sh$# Sherlock...HAHAHA


I WANT THE NOUGAT RECIPE....PLEASE!

The niceness will stop eventually!

A. Cory Anderson said...

wow carrie- your friends are getting fiesty!! better get that recipie up quick! congrats to eden and natalie haha! maybe you can make all of us losers some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies out of the pumpkin!! -fern

Amy B. said...

All in good fun...I am so Sorry if I offended anyone. Sorry.

Carrie said...

Amy, trust me NOBODY is offended, it's allll good! ha ha ha!

Susan said...

Darren's not liking nouget doesn't fall into the same category of milk/tomatoes/coconut because he eats some every year.