Sunday, October 05, 2008

Idaho Falls...But We Didn't See Any Falls

On Friday my family traveled to the great metropolis of Idaho Falls. My sister-in-law's sister got married so we went up for her reception. Congratulations Traci and Jeff!!!

Because I'm lame, I didn't get a picture of the groom...however, I DID get a great shot of the bride! See her? She's between Darren and Susan's head. Squint and look harder, you'll see her.


Nothing like a good game of Phase 10 while at a wedding reception. Well, unless you drink, that probably makes everything seem fun or funny...at least that is what the commercials tell me. I came in last place on Phase 10, which is just fine. However, don't say the words "carrie lost" and "monopoly" in the same sentence or I may have to open up a can of 'Whoop A' on you.

A big THANKS to Nalani for the hotel room and another big THANKS to my parents for letting Carson sleep in your room!

My boys. Yes, Sam was tired. He fell fast asleep just after this picture was taken, jeans and all.


On Saturday we went to Menan, which is were my Dad was born and raised. This is one of the Menan Butte's. We used to hike up this butte when we were little chillins. This picture is taken from my dad's childhood house.


We then headed to Rexburg to have a birthday celebration for my nephew Kevin who turns 10 today, for Carson who turns 8 on Thursday, and for my brother's nephew Luke, who turns 4 on the 11th (I believe). Pinatas are one of my favorite birthday activities. I love watching the kids scramble!
Nut jobs.

The three birthday boys. Susan was smart because she put 10 candles on 1/3 of the cake, 8 candles on another 1/3, and 4 candles on the final 1/3. We lit the candles and the three boys blew out their own candles. Oh yeah, a big thanks to Traci because the birthday cake was actually left over wedding cake. SCORE!


Cameron was a little fussy because his first two teeth were cutting through his bottom gums this weekend. So, Sam took him outside to chill out. With the whole teeth thing, Cameron also discovered his tongue. See?!?!?


He was a trooper though, even while working on new teeth he could still ham it up for the camera!

After the party, we decided to go check out the site of the old Tetom Dam. The dam breaking, while tragic, changed the course of my life forever. My parents were living in Salt Lake and had decided to move into a house in Menan. The moving van was all packed and they were moving to Idaho the next morning. Well, the dam broke that day and washed away the house they were going to move into. So, instead we ended up in Ucon Idaho (by Idaho Falls). Who knows what would have happened if I grew up in Menan? Maybe I would have been a farmer. Shudder.

Besides being kind of cold, the outing was awesome and beautiful.


Just to prove something to my friend Ryan, I let Sam take pictures without people in them sometimes!


Next we headed to the Saint Anthony Sand Dunes. Very popular place for ATVs, college students, and city folk. I came here several times while going to Ricks College. It's a fun place for bonfires in the summer and sledding in the winter. Again, it was chilly, but we had fun and the kids got extremely dirty and sandy so overall, a success.


After watching my nephew Kevin jump off sand dunes, Sam decided he wanted to be like Kevin.


Saturday night we let the kids swim in the hotel pool. I don't know why I have even paid for THREE, yes THREE sessions of swim lessons for Parker because he almost drowned THREE times! Thanks to my dad for rescuing him the first time, and thanks to Sam for rescuing him the other two times. It left me frazzled, to say the least. I probably wasn't very fun to hang out with after that, so to my family, I totally apologize. Next time I'll bring a life jacket for him!

9 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Love the updates. Cute pictures and that video is priceless. Looks like you had a fun and super busy weekend. I love the picture of the bride. I really think you need to get that one framed for her. I think it will be her best photo ever! your too fun!

The Airharts said...

Such a good blogger you are-I have learned so much about you in one post!

Ambyr said...

Fun times! Tell Sam that he's not 25 years old anymore and that he could break a hip juming off sand dunes!

Sarah said...

You stayed in a HOTEL! You are dead to me! =)

Natalie said...

I love the picture of Cameron eating his foot. Tell Sam he could hurt something. Just ask Neal what can happen if you jump off of arches into the sand.

cathy said...

Hey - my mom was born in St. Anthony!

Becky said...

That weekend sounds so fun!!

I love your posts.

I would have totally jumped with Sam. But the crouch, spin, and then land on your feet is far beyond my capability!! I would have serioulsy turfed and then pee'd my pants laughing!

You guys are awesome!

Amy B. said...

Love your posting...That Cameron is so stinkin cute...his cute little face...I love it!!

Susan said...

It was fun. Thanks for partying with us.