Sunday, October 26, 2008

Give Me Strength

Parker, Parker, Parker....

He really is like a box of chocolates. I never know what I'm going to get with him...will I get a laugh, some heartache, a headache, or pure relief? Well, you'll understand the "relief" part in a minute.

But for now, let's look at the random-ness:


Parker was talking to Sam on the phone the other day. He was standing with his back to me and the whole time he talked to Sam, he kept twisting his right foot inward. He saw me watching him, and he saw the picture being taken. He was unaffected, just kept trying to twist that foot further and further. When I asked him what he was doing, he just gave me a look of "everything I do is on a need to know basis and right now, I deem this situation as you don't need to know."

Let's talk about Saturday night.

Saturday night we were having a ward activity at my church. All the primary kids were doing an activity in the primary room. Halfway through the evening I felt like I should check up on Parker. I walked into the primary room and he wasn't there. So I poked my head into the mens restrooms and loudly said "Parker?!?" and I didn't get a reply. So I walked around the entire church building, looking in every classroom, and I didn't find him. By now my heart is racing a little and I'm trying to stay calm.

I walked around the church three more times, and each time came up Parker-less. By now, I have imagined every possible horror movie situation in my mind and I'm pretty sure Parker has been abducted or something close to it.

Finally, I decided to make the rounds one more time. Instead of yelling his name into the men's bathrooms, I decided to walk all the way in and take a closer look. I walked in, saw that the stall was closed. I could see Parker's feet.

I ran up to the door, peeked through the tiny gap between and wall and door, and found Parker....................FAST ASLEEP ON THE TOILET!!!!!!

No wonder he didn't respond to me yelling his name into the bathroom!
When I found him asleep, I said "Parker!" right next to him and I saw his whole body do a crazy jerk reflex, and then he said, in the most bored voice he could come up with..."what?" I said "you fell asleep on the toilet!" and he said "no I didn't". Oh, Okay, whatever dude. Instead of arguing, I just said "is it time to wipe?" He had the nerve to say "I need a few more minutes!!!!"

Oh my gosh, that little twerp. I seriously thought I had lost him forever. It took me until today before I could totally laugh about it! He still maintains that he did NOT fall asleep!

Phew, what a RELIEF, literally.

18 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

That is hialriuos that he feel asleep on the toilet. I woudl have died if I found Hailey liek that. THe kids were awfully wild weren't they I kept worrying about Hailey too! Thanks for sharing your fun stories!

Thomas said...

I had to go read this one to Nate. Too Funny.

Ginger said...

Phew! Glad you found him. Last Thursday, i lost Easton in a church and ended up finding him in the men's bathroom but he was awake. It is always a scary feeling not knowing where your child is, though.

Jess said...

hahahaha.. what a funny kid..

Holly Strong said...

I am laughing so hard right now Carrie!!!! That is hilarious. I too always freak out when I can't find my kids. I'm also laughing because you went into the mens room and didn't just send Sam. There is no way I would've done that. LOL Guess I'm shy!

Anonymous said...

I was in the middle of conducting my game, but she could have sent Davis or Ryan in. I think Carrie just wanted to see what the boys bathroom looked like...

Amy B. said...

Freakin Hilarious...you always make me laugh. And the comment to me when you said "Trust me"...I totally had a Carrie moment.

Rose said...

Hilarious! I told this one to Zack. A member called me while he was at her house and they were all cracking up!

Natalie said...

HA! Oh man. That is really funny. How do you fall asleep on the toilet? Especially a non-home toilet? Too funny. You have a funny kid. I picture the middle Brady girl saying, "Marsha Marsha Marsha!" only you saying, "Parker Parker Parker!" He is his dad's boy.

Speaking of church bathrooms, you need to ask Neal sometime about his experience as a new teenage convert and being stuck in a dark bathroom at church. Priceless.

laura said...

yeah, that was pretty dang funny. i'm sure it wasn't as funny to you at the time as it was to the rest of us.

such a boy thing to do...

Marci said...

That is too funny!! He must a been pretty tired!! I do love all your stories!

Sweet Girl said...

Hahahaha... I cried due to laughing so hard while reading that one, so did the rest of conrtol!... it's the new saying in control center... "don't fall alseep in the potty!" Good job Parker!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

You always have the funniest stories! I can't believe he fell asleep on the toilet! One time Jon fell asleep standing up in the shower... now that was funny!

Susan said...

That's almost as good as the "swinging your legs" story about Mike on the ferry. It could be repeated over and over.

The Buckley's said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard of. you'll definently have to save that story for the girlfriends!

Ambyr said...

I love it! I would kill Ausitn for doing that to me but laugh at the same time. It's one of those "What do you do" situations in life! I love Parker, he's so funny.

mindy said...

oh my that's hilarious! reading that brought me that extra bit of joy my day was lacking. thanks for sharing.

Indiana Clark's said...

Been there done that. Tell Parker that only the "cool" kids get lost on the toilet! Michael