Friday, October 24, 2008

Glasses!

Because I have absolutely TERRIBLE eye sight, I knew that one or all of my kids would need glasses. To be honest, I secretly HOPED for it. I think kids with glasses are the cutest kids around!

But this is NOT what I had in mind.


Nor did I have THIS in mind.


Have I ever shared my eye-doctor story before? One time I was getting my eyes checked by the eye doctor at Costco. After examining my eyes he said "Have you ever considered getting Lasik done? I really think you should consider it because if you were in a hotel and there was a fire, you would not be able to find the exit. You are a hazard....blah blah blah." Tell me something I DON't know, Doc.

So Parker had his last soccer game on Tuesday. It was FREEZING and windy. His game didn't start until after 6:30 and the sun was already behind the mountains, plus the wind was howling. I honestly would have skipped the whole thing had it not been for the trophy and team pictures that were supposed to be handed out at this game.

Oh but wait, the officials for the Kearns Rec Center gave our packet of trophies and pictures to the wrong team, who had already gone home. Durn ya'll, that kinda sucked rocks. Very anti climatic.

So today I called the Rec Center asking if they had our stuff yet and they did. So here is Parker proudly displaying his trophy. I don't know why he gave me this face. I think he was REALLY happy.


Look at Parker's hand that ISN'T holding the trophy...OH! Made you look!!! OH wait, is that just a stupid game my brothers and cousins made up? In my family, if you make that sign with your hand, and somebody looks, you get to hit them really hard! Ahhhh, good times! I'm getting a dead leg just thinking about all my past dead legs....

Just because it's fun, here's more glasses pictures I took tonight:




8-pack of funny eye ball glasses: $2
Best $2 I ever spent.

10 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

I lvoe those glasses. My mom gets them for teh grandkids every year and they are such a hit. This year Hailey got them for all her preschool friends! Your kids are super cute as always!

Amy B. said...

bought the same glasses...didn't however has as much fun...

Sweet Girl said...

HaHaHa! I love it! Fun times you crAzy Sweet's!

Natalie Service said...

Oh, I'm feelin' the dead leg with ya girl!! Also very popular among the Andersons was the 'flinch' game. Same concept, if you flinch, you get hit...hard...in the arm.

l.o.v.e. the glasses. I'm getting a good giggle over here from those.

Congrats to Parker on his sweet trophy.

Ginger said...

Hehe. Very very nice. I secretly hope I get a kid with glasses too. Lane is blind so the odds are good. Thanks to all your info we are playing indoor soccer. I can't wait.

laura said...

oh, man. that picture of cameron with those glasses on is killing me!

Ambyr said...

Cameron is the cutest baby! I also love Parker's trophy, it's better than the fake gold one's we used to get. You guys have so much fun at your house no wonder Austin loves to play with you.

Anonymous said...

those pictures look normal to me-- you guys always look like that!! thanks for the encouragement this past weekend- i can always count on you for support! love you guys!

nalani said...

That picture of Cameron is my favorite. That's a total blackmale picture for when he gets older.

Susan said...

Those glasses are the best kind for kids. If they break, they are much easier to replace.