Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Snow

We got the first snow of the season this weekend. The kids were all excited to get out the snow gear and have fun, but by the time we got around to it, the snow melted. Par for the course I suppose.


I sat Cameron by the front door and let him enjoy the moment. He was loving it!


I'll be loving it when he no longer has a helmet to reflect the flash!


Today was our ward's primary program. It was lots of fun and my kids did awesome! Parker had his line perfectly memorized and Carson did a great job with his talk. Carson was looking very dapper because we bought him a suit. I forgot to take a picture and Sam said "I'm sure he'll wear the suit next Sunday and you can get a picture then." So true. Not as fun, but it's true.

Tonight we went to Cody and Meridith's house for cousins dinner. The theme...Mexican. As I was making my Mexican dish I had the feeling that I should call Nalani and ask her what she was making. I ignored my feelings (bad girl) and proceeded to make my potluck item: shredded chicken, black beans, corn, salsa....and other ingredients in the crock pot which would eventually turn into burritos. We arrived to Cody's house at the same time as Nalani. I said "Hey, what did you make?" and she said "it's shredded chicken that you put in the crock pot with black beans, corn, salsa......" I just started laughing and said "we made the same thing!" Next cousins dinner, I will check with Nalani first!!

It was grubbing food and I'm still so full. After dinner Cody and Meridith did fried ice cream for dessert. It was really good, and good for you I'm sure. :)

They also had a pinata which the kids loved! You can never go wrong with pinatas....just remember, don't put pixie sticks in your pinata. They explode and a fine sugar powder will coat everything! Remember that Sam??

I like Cody's face in this picture. He's way into it!


Success!!!


I know Parker, I love Rolos too!


Um....I don't love them THAT much. Sheesh.

8 comments:

Natalie Service said...

k - I'm loving the pinata stick! HA HA HA! And I will gladly take any of yours or Nalanis left-overs.
Snow? I hate it already!
Cameron is too cute. He's always got those bright eyes and happy smile. You've got great boys!

PrincessKatie said...

Your boys did look great today and so grown up. They are definately so cute Hailey was sad the snow melted today too she thought for surethis monring that she was going sledding!

Carl and Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl and Pat said...

Surely did hate missing cousins' dinner, but spending time with the Indiana Clarks and those two cute granddaughters is a blast, too! Watching "Iron Man" on Mike and Kim's big screen TV with blue ray and having the ground rumbling under you is quite the experience.

Holly Strong said...

Ahhh, I have to say I checked this morning SPECIFICALLY to see Carson in his new suit. Imagine my pure disappointment. I even mentioned to Davis that I was sad I had to miss church (since I wanted to see the cute guy!) and mentioned, ahhh, Carrie will post a picture, so I'll survive. Oh well, next week will come before I know it. As for the snow, ADY got all her snow stuff out too and was so disappointed it melted AND Mom wouldn't let her play in it before church (mean MOM!) She did tell EVERYONE she could that it would snow again and she'd get to play in it. And that Cameron. I have to admit I will miss that cute little helmet. But I won't miss his poor red head. I just have to kiss him everytime I see him.

Ambyr said...

Carson told me all about his suit at the first part of church, he's very proud of it! Austin loved the snow too. He said all morning, "mom, it's snowing for me!" They are so fun!

Anonymous said...

ha ha that was a fun blog! parkers face is so funny- speaking of parker- thanks for the girlie kiss buddy!!

Susan said...

I wish I could come to cousin's dinner.