Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tylered

Sometimes Parker says "I'm tylered" or "I'm tidered" when he means to say "tired".

Tonight I decided to look at every blog on my links list. That was a crazy idea because guess how long it took me??? 2 hours! All of a sudden I looked at the clock and freaked out. I still have to wrap birthday presents for Carson and watch my TIVO'd episode of "Dancing with the Stars." Oh, did anyone see the coverage of Misty Mae snapping her achilles tendon? To quote funny chick Lindsay....It made my bum tickle it did!

What's this?








That is a birthday dinner menu that Carson picked out for my mom to cook on Monday night. He even told her EXACTLY how he wanted the cupcake/brownies to be decorated and he picked out the tablecloth. He thought he was going easy on her when he said "for the frosting on the brownies, I want a ribbon around the edge, but it won't be hard because you don't have to tie a bow or anything..." Oh boy, I'm a little nervous. Oh yeah, he specifically requested that my dad do the scrambled eggs because "he knows how to do it right"

Thanks mom and dad for being so good to your grandson! Carson's birthday isn't actually until Thursday, but my parents are going to Indiana tomorrow so they wanted to celebrate early.


Today Parker started preschool....FINALLY! His buddy from soccer, Jacob, is also in his preschool class so that made the day a little less scary. When Parker got home today I asked him if he had fun. He said "Yes!" I asked him what he did and he said "I dunno, stuff." I need to have my lecture on "specific is terrific" with him.




Today I decorated my house for Halloween. Who would have made a cuter girl?
Parker, age 2:


Or Cameron, age 7 months:


I think Parker wins, hands down!

PT update:
Sam came with me to Cameron's physical therapy appointment today. We had a good experience with our therapist. She took her time and explained everything to us and was positive about Cameron's progress. I feel much better about the whole situation now. Unfortunately, I have a huge laundry list of exercises that we have to do with Cameron every day. UG! If anybody is bored, come "play" with Cameron and help me do some neck strengthening with him. It's amazing how a few messed up neck muscles can affect so many things. One example: Because of his neck, if he turns quickly to the left while sitting up, he falls down. Weak neck muscles or just milk-drunk? You decide!

Okay, I gotta go wrap some presents....soooooo tylered......

9 comments:

Jess said...

i think cameron makes a better girl. you have even call him cami for short!

Amy B. said...

I'm with Jess..Cami is a cuter girl!!! PT is the worst for Torticollis...to be honest with you, I don't think we even did the things they told us to all that much...

Ambyr said...

I have to agree with everyone else, Cameron is a way cuter girl than Parker. I'm glad that yesterday went good for you, you sounded a bit nervouse and stressed about it, Who wouldn't be! We would love to play PT with Cameron, I may need to start them on Paityn soon (yikes)! I'm making cookies today so be prepared, you most likely will end up with some!

The Airharts said...

You need to put your links on a blog list...it seriousy makes it so much faster-even though it's still not perfect(dosnt update exactly when the person updates)it eventually catches up and makes checking blogs so much easier!Funny-Jake is flushing a spider down the toilet right now, and hadley is screaming at the top of her lungs-"NONONONONO!"-thats all.

nalani said...

I agree that Cameron is a much cuter girl and I also have to say that I never realized how much Cameron looks like YOU until that picture with curly hair---I'm not even kidding! PT pretty much sucks no matter what age you are.

cathy said...

Man that food looks good! Well except for the ham... you know how I feel about big thick slices of ham!

Natalie said...

When I was a kid, PT meant "pregnant teenager." Hmmmm.

Ok, that's the coolest birthday dinner ever! It's fun to see all of their favorites.

Toni said...

Carrie, I love you,you make me laugh so hard sometimes! I just loved the tylerd headline, mainly because I love the things that kids say wrong so much, that I don't care to ever fix them. That is why to this day will eats at old Mcdonalds and has a ham'nburger and after that loves to race around the bar in the chicken (kitchen) Plus, sweet dinner, what is Granma's #? I definitely think Cam looks good as a blond!

Unknown said...

Ha, ha! I love you Carrie!!! Your blog always puts a smile on my face!
I also think that Cameron is the cutest girl! That's the kind of stuff I want to do with my sons, but I think Jarom would leave me if I did! ;)
Glad that Parker is enjoying pre-school, and I want to hear the "specific is terrific" lecture - it sounds very interesting!