Sunday, July 02, 2006

Day 2, Playing In The Lake (#1)

Melissa

Sam

Scot

Aaron

Scot and Aaron

Me, doing what I do best!


A lot of our nieces and nephews love wakeboarding. So I convinced them to let me tag along on the boat (my job was holding the orange flag. Don't laugh, it's a VERY important job and I feel like I contributed to the experience). Here are some shots of Melissa, Sam, Scot, and Aaron wakeboarding.
Scot is really good and he competes locally in wakeboarding competitions. He and Aaron were both getting some pretty sweet air.
We did have an unfortunate incident. While Aaron and Scot were both wakeboarding at the same time, they crashed in the water and Scot came up looking pretty upset. He's normally "joe cool" but I witnessed the fragile child inside and him as he came close to weeping. He was shaking and groaning for about 2 minutes. We totally thought he broke an ankel or something. It was pretty tense. Finally he climbed into the boat and said "I cracked my nuts! I just got the equivalent of road rash on my balls!" I felt bad for him, but inside I was roaring with laughter!

1 comment:

THE BANGARTS said...

I have a fellow flag holder! I agree, the flag is one of the most important jobs when on a boat. I take it very seriously and am glad to share this responsibility with you!