Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just Random

Nothing too exciting has happened since my last blog update, but since it's been awhile I figured I should do SOMETHING! Here are some random things I've been up to lately...


I found the recipe for this cake on Allrecipes.com. I made it for my friend's birthday. It is YUMMY! Do you want the recipe? I knew you would...
Orange Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz box)
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp. orange extract
1/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter

1. Grease 10 inch bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Stir together cake and pudding mix. Add 3/4 cup orange juice, oil, eggs, and orange extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape sides of bowl, and beat for 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake for 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire rack and cool completely.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 1/3 cup orange juice, sugar, and butter to a boil for 2 minutes. Drizzle over cake.



In just 24 hours, Parker has REFUSED to sleep in his crib anymore. He goes into hysterics every time we bring him close to his crib. So, yesterday he took a nap on Carson's bed and last night he slept with Carson. I really didn't think he would stay in bed, but he did! He didn't even fall out of the bed, which shocks me because it's a small bed for 2 kids! So today my project is bringing the twin bed from the downstairs spare bedroom into Parker's room. Then it's time to disassemble the crib and crib bedding. Some people would be a little sad about this because it's like saying goodbye to your child's "baby days", but not me. I'm REJOICING that Parker is getting older! His baby days are filled with lots of crying. :)


I just really like this picture. I sent Parker outside with some Reeses Pieces. He was extremely happy about it. It reminded me of Shandy's description of Curtis when he eats something really good because he makes lots of noises when he's eating. He kept saying "Mmmmm, nummy!" and when they were gone, he said "more nummies?"


Yesterday we were slammed with some seriously crazy thunder/lightening/rain storms. I loved it. The road in front of my house looked like a river with all the rain gushing down it. Last night around 9:00 I went to the store and as I pulled out of my driveway I saw this awesome rainbow. There were 2 complete rainbows with the entire arch visible. People had pulled over to the side of the road to look at it. I called Sam and he took some pictures, so here is one to enjoy.

And finally...
Nalani might remember this...Maile and Nate had a wedding reception in Montana in May of 1998. I took a road trip with Sam, Nalani, and some boy we won't mention here. Sam and I were dating at the time. Nalani has this book called "The Book of Questions". There are over 200 thought provoking questions in this book. We read and gave our answers for the entire book while we were on this trip. So....I'll give you a question from the book. I want everybody to give me their answer!

This question is taken from "The book of questions" by Gregory Stock, PHD
"You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?"
Let's hear those answers.

5 comments:

nalani said...

Ohhhhh, that is a good question! I'm not even going to attempt to annswer that one!!! That was a fun trip!!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Your cake looks like a nipple, (and good of course) put the kids to bed early and make another cake.

Sarah said...

If the kid I had is a 'wonderful' 1-year old, I wouldn't want to exchange. I am sure my biological kid would be not-so-wonderful so I'd figure I came out pretty good. But then at about 3, when my own kids become so stinkin' cute, I'd demand the exchange.....

Anonymous said...

I would have to exchange the kid. It's better to lose 1 year than the whole rest of their lives. Parker did actuall fall out of bed but I put him in the chair this morning. I was going to say something but I forgot.

Carrie said...

Shandy, why do I get the feeling you aren't talking about cake anymore?