Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th Of July








This day did NOT start out so fun. I woke up to Parker SCREAMING my name at 4:00 am. I went into his room and was about to give him a piece of my mind, when I realized the reason for his woes...there was puke EVERYWHERE! Oh man, it was so gross. I've never seen throw up so dark in color, seriously. So, Sam rinsed out blankets and bedding and started some laundry while I gave Parker a bath...at 4:00 am. Did I mention this all happened at 4:00 am? I.was.not.amused!
After everything was cleaned up, Parker wouldn't go back into his crib (I don't blame him) so he laid on a chair that is in his room. I went back to bed. At 5:00 am, we went through the same thing, but now the puke is all over his carpet and blankets that were on the chair. Oh yeah, it was all over his face and hair too. Am I being descriptive enough? I could go on and on and on, after all my name is Carrie-Clark-what's-your-point-Sweet!

Anyways, I'm tired of talking about puke. I just makes me gag and makes me realize that I'm tired.

After that unfortunate trauma, the day picked up for the better. Sam worked on our swamp cooler this afternoon (and he fixed it so now it blows colder!) while Dad, Carson, and I went to the movie "Cars" (mom was watching Parker). It was a good movie and Carson made race car noises the whole way home, so I think he liked it!

The best part of the day...it rained cats and dogs! I loved it. I reminded me of Seattle 4th of July's. The temperature went from 89 degrees right down to 60 degrees and it was wonderful! We had dinner at my parent's house and then we came back to my house to do some fireworks. Overall, a fun, cool, enjoyable day (except for that puke thing).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Susan said...

The one picture looks like the firework is coming out of Carson's head.

Anonymous said...

did you say that parker puked? was it chunky or smooooth? what did it smell like? that is my favorite.... it couldn't have possibly have had anything to do with my babysitting on monday?? i really hope not!!

Tracie said...

Cars is such a great movie!! I want to go tractor tipping some day