Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Did It!


Well, I didn't really think I could do it, but I did! I disassembled Parker's crib and hauled the twin bed from downstairs, up to his room. It was not an easy task, trust me. Parker LOVES it. While I was trying to put sheets on the bed he kept crawling onto it and laying down. I probably had to take him off the bed at least a dozen times before I was done. When I finished, I said "Okay Parker, nap time." He screamed "OKAY!" and climbed up. Too cute. He slept there for 2 1/2 hours. Now we'll see how tonight goes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So help me, Carrie, if your back goes out now... However, you sound just like your mom. When you want something done, you want it done now, even if you are at home by yourself! If Parker can keep that determination of his throughout life, he'll really go somewhere!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Now they can start to fight on a regular basis.

Carrie said...

Yeah, isn't that the truth! He did really good tonight. He only got out of bed 3 times. The first time he walked out of the room before I caught him. The second time he was just crawling out of bed when I caught him. The final time he was out of bed, sitting in front of the nightlight turning it off and on. I put him back in bed and said "what is the rule? Stay in..." and he said "BED!" That was the last I heard from him. He is sleeping soundly now.

Anonymous said...

I have visions of stitches from the boys jumping from one bed to the other, falling on something (like the windowsill or the changing table), and screaming...

It will be interesting to see how IHC's insurance covers stuff like that.

Sarah said...

Carrie, you gotta stick a baby monitor in ther now. When my boys shared a room- we used to sit outside their door listening to their conversations. Until they caught us because we were hysterically laughing. I can't even remember what they would say, mostly 'big-brother-telling-little-brother-how-it-is" kinda stuff. Precious, though, and VERY entertaining. I do remember hearing little 2-year old Jack telling 4-year old Carter, "Stop sucking your thumb. You're not a baby."