Monday, July 17, 2006

How Well Do You Remember Your Childhood?

Early this morning my Grandmother Bell passed away. We were expecting it because she has had Parkinson's for many years. It's sad and relieving at the same time. I feel really bad for my Grandpa because he had a stroke last year and has been a prisoner to his body since then. He held his wife's hand as she passed away this morning so I'm sure he's feeling quite lonely today.
Tonight I was at my parent's house while we were making plans for this week. My mom is speaking at the funeral. We got talking about childhood and what memories we each have from our individual childhoods. I feel like I had a great and wonderful childhood, but I don't remember many details of it. So, my dad said "Do you remember how you asked for a dog when you were little?" I told him I didn't. So he brings out this AWESOME crafty card that I made. It's pretty ingenius. I took pictures of each page, you may have to click on the pictures so you can read it. It's pretty sweet. Why don't I have that creativity any more? Maybe I just need more stickers!
Anywho, this week will be sort of hectic so there may not be many posts: Tomorrow is Tuesday- Mike, Kim, and their family fly into town. Wednesday-we are driving to Rexburg to meet up with Darren's family and then we are driving to Spokane, WA. Thursday-we will drive to Quincy, WA for the funeral and then drive to Seattle that night. Friday thru Sunday - I'm not totally sure what's going on these days but I'll bring my camera so we can document it later! I think we are coming home on Sunday. So, stay tuned and don't give up on me and my slacker postings.






4 comments:

Jess said...

That's so cute! You still have that creativity.. It's just buried somewhere in the flower garden. I remember the good ol' days back in the day when I was a kid. Heh.. you old fart. I'm sorry about your grandma. I guess God is harvesting the good ones before He comes again.

Anonymous said...

hey carrie, i am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. i was going to say something comforting, but i can't say it any better than jess did!
be safe, we love you!

Susan said...

That is one cute card. I'm glad your dad saved it.

Tracie said...

That's one of the funniest things ever! Kevin is starting to write books too. Maybe Susan can post pictures of one of them.