Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pioneer Celebration





Tonight was my ward's annual Pioneer Celebration party. It was certainly HOT, but that's okay because it was a lot of fun. We learned tonight that Parker really likes baked beans. He ate like 3 plate-fuls (NOT IT on changing THAT diaper)! Carson played in the sandy dirt on the baseball field for a good part of the night. You should have seen the bath water tonight. NASTY! I had to fill up the bathtub with the kids in it, then drain the water, then refill the tub. Even after that, I had tons of sand left in my bathtub after the water drained the final time. Good times.

The best part of the evening: As part of this celebration our ward also has a Bake-Off for the desserts. I had signed up for a dessert and then sort of forgot until 4:00 this afternoon. I only had 1 1/2 hours before the party. I quickly made cornflake marshmellow treats with Reese's Pieces in them. The Young Men and Young Women of our ward were the judges. Believe it or not, but I won 2nd place! It was pretty awesome. One lady even made a cake that was 3D and looked like Cookie Monster! It was insanely cool and she got 3rd place! The moral of the story...candy will make you a winner!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Candy will make you a winner - especially when teenagers are the judges. If the judges were anyone over 80 the cobblers and raisin cookies would have won. I would certainly have eaten your treat. It looks delicious to me.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Did you buy your own ribbon?

Carrie said...

No I did not buy my own ribbon! Sheesh! That's what they gave me.

Jess said...

You have inspired me, Carrie. I'm starting my own blogspot. jesscoollife.blogspot.com
I guarantee I won't be as good at it as you are, so you don't need to worry about it. Love ya!

Carrie said...

Good job Jessica! Call me if you need any help setting up your blog!

Anonymous said...

i sure missed a lot this past week! i love catching up with your blog! thanks for all of your love and support- parker and carson on the fence are now by background at work -i love it!