Sunday, July 02, 2006

Yuba Lake - We Have Arrived!

The view outside my window right before we turned into the campground

Our camp site

Hammocks

Sage brush camping? Sage brush camping? Why do the Sweet's always have to go sagebrush camping?!? I guess the only lakes in Utah that are fun to go wakeboarding on are surrounded by sagebrush.
Actually, the camping area we had reserved was quite nice. There was grass, which was great because our tents stayed pretty clean.
Melissa, Elizabeth, and Jenny even slept in the hammocks the first night, the second night they wimped out and slept in my van!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Carrie, Utah is covered in sagebrush. You can't go many places in the "wilderness" without it. It's not my favorite Utah plant. I wouldn't want any in my yard

Carrie said...

Let's not forget about the mountains along the wasatch front...I don't think the sagebrush runs too wild in the Uintas... Plus, if we went somewhere high in the mountains, we wouldn't deal as much with the heat.