Friday, July 07, 2006

Silver Lake

You'll never guess who encouraged Carson to climb this rock wall in his sandles! That's right, his grandpa! I thought grandpa's were supposed to be over protective... Of course, Sam was right there as well!


Have I mentioned that my boys are slightly hyperactive? Okay, slightly is an exaggeration...they are EXTREMELY hyperactive.


This is one my favorite poses of my kids. I don't know why, but I've learned that boys can't just walk past a fence. They ALWAYS have to climb it first.


Now there is a great looking family!


"I love nature" written on the boardwalk...that says it all.


As the sun was setting, we decided it was time to go...GULP...I think I just ate a bug.


Tonight I wanted to do something different...I didn't want to spend any money! Sam suggested walking around Silver Lake, which is up Big Cottonwood canyon, next to the Brighton Ski Resort. We called mom and dad to see what they were doing. Dad said, "nothing, did you need a babysitter?" Boy have we got them trained! Ha Ha! I think they were pleasantly surprised when we told them we didn't need a sitter, but instead we wanted them to come with us to this lake.
At the base of the canyon our temperature gage on the van told us it was 90 degrees. At the top of the canyon it was only 58 degrees! I loved it!!!
It was a gorgeous little lake with nice trails all around it. The only unfortunate part about it...INSECTS EVERYWHERE! I was scared to open my mouth or breath too deeply for fear of sucking in one of those little gnats. It was a small price to pay for the beauty of nature...I suppose.

6 comments:

Thomas said...

I love that picture of Parker and your dad walking on the boardwalk. PRECIOUS!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Thats weird that pat and carl's blog is the same as yours. I don't get it.

Tracie said...

I want to go hiking!

Holly Strong said...

I love it up there. I remember taking Tanner there when he was only about a month old. :) The "boardwalk" is awesome. Your pitures are great and the weather looks fabulous. I too love the picture of the boys on the fence....gotta love it.

Indiana Clark's said...

It looks so tranquil there. I'm ready for tranquility. Although, I'm sure there won't be much tranquility with 7 little cousins gathered together in a week...but it will be good times! Can't wait. - Kim

Sarah said...

So, in order to not spend money, I assume you all crammed into the Prius?
Looks like you had fun and got some GREAT pictures, too. You definitely got some "blow-upable" pictures! I swallowed a bug or two myself this weekend in Island Park.