Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fathers & Sons Campout



Sam just returned from our Stake Fathers and Sons campout. They went to the Heber valley campground, which is owned by the church. Apparently it's still being built and is scheduled to be done in 15 years. Once completed, it can hold 7,000 people at a time. I think Sam and the boys had fun, right Sam?


There is a pond by the campground that everybody hiked around. Overlooking this pond was this amazing cabin. There were missionaries working at the campground and they told Sam that the cabin was called Moosehaven Lodge and it can be rented for $2000 per night. It is 27,000 sq feet. It has 20 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 7 hot tubs, indoor swimming pool, home theater, and a conference room that can be converted into a basketball court. The dining area seats 50! Sam and his friend, Davis, instantly started planning an Elders Quorum excursion. They figured 20 couples could stay there for $100 per night. So then I started thinking... maybe we could have a family reunion there sometime. It would be easy to fill the rooms, here is all we need to do... we just need to see who can come from the family, and then Nalani's friends could fill the remaining open rooms! Trust me, Nalani could fill that lodge with just her friends alone!
Seriously, check out the link and look at the facilities, it's so AWESOME!

10 comments:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Looks pretty ghetto. No thanks

Susan said...

What happened to our stake father/son campout this year? Hopefully Darren didn't "forget" to tell me about it.:-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea. You organize it Carrie

Anonymous said...

...for a minute there, I thought this was part of the Heber Valley Church property. I'm afraid Dad would have the big one with all those decks for kids to fall off of!

Jess said...

hey, hey... can some of the sweets come too? ...like, the anderson's?

Sarah said...

We are there! Tell me wher to send the check!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Good idea, lets keep the family trips a little more local, but I am sure something will come up to change it. Plus you don't need all of Nalani's friends to fill it, just have half the Sweet family come and we got it covered.

Natalie Service said...

Nalanis friends BETTER be invited! I know I might be 935th on the list, but I'll be expecting that invite anyway! And If that doesn't work out for me...I'm an Anderson!

nalani said...

Oh Natalie----don't sell yourself short---you'd be at least the 934th on the list!!! I tell you what it's tough being sooooo popular!!!---yeah right! Anyway, I think we should do it for sure!!!! Everyone has to pay upfront and it's non-refundable. We should book it for the summer of 2008 so everyone will have plenty of time to save up and come!

Anonymous said...

choose which half of the sweets you invite carefully please.......