Monday, April 21, 2008

Coming Out Of Hibernation

One great thing about warmer weather is that it brings everybody out of their houses and into the neighborhood. I swear we never see our neighbors during the winter....all we see are abominable snowmen dressed up in all their winter gear to shovel driveways. Usually that doesn't create a stand-around-and-chat atmosphere.

It wasn't really that warm tonight but it was sunny and it wasn't windy----and I had cabin fever! So after dinner we decided to take a walk. We got as far as around the corner and saw our friend, Ed, pruning his tree. We stopped to chat and before we knew it, there were lots of neighbors standing in Ed's driveway visiting. It really got me excited for warm summer nights when people are out walking and they stop by to say "hi" as we're working in the yard.

Ed had one rebellious branch that Sam helped him saw off. Scott Festin grabbed my camera and caught this action shot.


Cameron was being very good during the chilly walk!


As we were finishing up our walk, Parker saw his first ant-pile of the season and he was most excited! I had to hold Carson back from riding his bike through the ants...sheesh, 7 year old boys....


I know this is a crappy picture, but check out this owl that one of our neighbors has on top of their house. I just thought it was funny.


I am "tagging" each one of you who are reading this posting to make a comment. What are you most excited about for this summer? Are you going anywhere fun? Are you excited to see those tulips bloom that you planted last fall? Do you have any big projects planned for your house or yard?

I'm excited to NOT be pregnant and to be able to work in my yard. I'm also excited that we got central air last year so I can come inside and cool off when I can't take the heat!

13 comments:

Jess said...

hmm. we're going to canada this summer for a week and i'm pretty excited for that. we're also taking a couple of other vacations. as for our place, i want to paint the cupboards in the kitchen and fix up the storage room to be a nice reading area that will hold my rocking chair. and sam and the boys are going to come up to logan and play a couple of times to give carrie a few free days to do whatever she wants... or she can come too..

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for wearing the crap out of our tent, whether it's in the back yard or in the great outdoors...I don't care.

Anonymous said...

You have what in your tent?!! I'm excited to get all our kids together and have an updated family photo; hopefully do some camping; working in the yard and redoing the deck flooring; anything that can be done in warm weather! (Pat C)

Amelia said...

i will be here in logan slaving my life away to textbooks! :(

Susan said...

I think Amelia wins, so far. I just want to feel warm sun on my face and have a peaceful house because the kids are all playing outside.

The Airharts said...

I'm excited to get this baby out of me!!! Thats definatly my #1, but besides the obvious probably would be to get a tan-I'm sick of being fat AND white!

The Buckley's said...

I am excited to sit out on my patio and have bbq's with friends and to go on walks with the family!!!!! Please come warm weather!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Carrie..I am excited for warmth and to feel the sun again and to rollerblade, and camp and swim. No yard work THIS Summer, just building the house! So no big trips..just lots of little trips to Utah and Island Park.
And, as always, I am excited not to be pregnant and HOT too!

Unknown said...

I'm most excited to be able to start taking my boys out in the stroller for our daily walks again! If I want to be able to take my kids swimming this summer I've gotta shed a few pounds. And, since I'm horrible at exercising, but love to go on walks....yeah - that's what I'm excited for!

We may be taking a trip to California at the end of the summer/beginning of fall. Jarom hasn't visited his mission area (Ventura, CA) for a long time & wants to go back & see a few families.

Anonymous said...

i am excited to have a maui tan!! if you know me, you know i worship the sun-- fat always looks better tan!!

laura said...

lounging at the pool!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

I look forward to everything having to do with warm weather. C'mon sun.

After seeing that pic of your baby and all your other pics of your boys, may I just say that you and I both make beautiful boys? No wonder we keep having boys.