Sunday, April 13, 2008

Idaho? No, You Da Ho! Day 1

This weekend we went to Rexburg for my cousin's wedding. Congratulations Travis and Lindsay!

I don't remember the last time I went out of town so it was a nice change of scenery. I was somewhat nervous to travel with a 5 week old, but Cameron was excellent! Phew!!

We stayed at the Shilo Inn, which is across from the Idaho Falls Temple. It was perfect because there was a walkway right along the river so my boys got to play...and play they did!

Here are Parker and Carson acting precious. I'm pretty sure this picture was staged (is that right Sam?) because Carson was more interested in throwing rocks in the water.


See?


Now I realize this isn't a very flattering picture of me, but it has meaning. I didn't even know Sam took this picture.
This is the look on my face as my boys were climbing all over the rocks, right next to the river. I was constantly saying "be careful!"


In contrast, here is the look on Sam's face during that whole ordeal. Pure relaxation. Why should we worry about our 3 and 7 year old playing on rocks next to the river?


Ahem, HERE IS WHY! At least he was wearing an appropriate shirt! Carson wouldn't let me blog his bumps and bruises on his knee from falling into the river...he's caught on to me. He actually said "You can't blog this!".


The hotel had a pool, so good times were had by all! We met up with Darren and Susan's family and let the kids swim until they were plum tuckered.

Darren is being a good mentor to Cameron and teaching him about the importance of becoming one with the Mountain Dew. Cameron's hand cracks me up...when in doubt, pinky out!


We spent the better part of the evening teaching Carson and Kevin how to do belly flops. They both had some nice successes...you could hear the SLAP of their belly's hitting the water from across the room. It was sweet!

Action shot of Carson:


Action shot of Kevin:


Group shot: Jacob, Kevin, Ethan, Carson, Parker.
I wish I would have taken a video of Darren trying to get this picture. It took several takes and lots of hollering and confusion. So typical of all our boys!


That ended Day 1...

5 comments:

Darren Clark said...

Hey nice posts, don't forget to send me the pictures. Be good.

laura said...

looks like fun! my grandma's house was up the street from the idaho falls, but we were NOT allowed to play by that river. my dad is a freak about kids playing by water because so many kids have drown in the idaho falls!

LOVE that mt. dew picture...such a guy thing to do.

Carl and Pat said...

I think all of Idaho Falls came down to the river with the beautiful weather. As you know, spring is mating season in the animal/bird kingdom...Parker was getting really upset because the big goose kept "sitting" on the other geese and ducks! What a great weekend!

Susan said...

I love the swimming pool pictures!

Sarah said...

I can almost hear the screams bouncing off the walls all around the pool.