Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Kids

Here are some fun pictures of the kids taken today, 4.3.08

Bathtime is happy for Cameron once the bath is OVER!


Check out his curly hair! Once it starts drying from his bath, it looks all curly. I really hope he gets my afro hair gene. Endless possibilities for extreme hair do's when you get the afro gene. Just ask my brother Darren and my cousin Cody. :)


I'm so lucky because both Carson and Parker totally adore Cameron. There have not been any jealousy issues...so far. It's not uncommon for Carson to walk by Cameron and kiss his head and Parker's famous saying these past few weeks has been "How's the baby?" I love it!


Since Carson has been riding his bike non-stop this week, we've told him he now needs to wear his bike helmet non-stop as well. He was happy to comply, but Parker felt left out. So, Sam gave him a helmet to wear while he rides his Big Wheel and now Parker couldn't be happier. Although, I have to admit, I'm a little embarrassed!


The other day Carson pulled one of his baby teeth out. I happened to be taking a nap on the couch when it happened so I only hazily remembered the event. He independently put the tooth in a ziploc and placed it under his pillow. I didn't think anythink of it until the next morning. I was eating my bowl of Cheerios and I heard Carson starting to wake up and then it hit me...the TOOTH FAIRY HASN'T PAID A VISIT YET!!!! I grabbed a dollar, ran downstairs, and casually walked into his room and he was doing some morning stretches in bed. I dropped the dollar by his bed when he wasn't looking and about that same time he grabbed his pillow and looked under it for money. When the money wasn't there he was so disappointed, but then I did an award-winning GASP and bent over and picked up his dollar. He got all happy and said "Oh, I must have been moving too much last night and it fell out of my bed!" and life goes on, uninterrupted by the stark realization that the tooth fairy is really just this sleep-deprived mother of three. :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love the tooth fairy story. I will have to remember that. You have got to love Parker! I know I have said this before but, He is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the tooth fairy days and trying, with sleight of hand, to fool the kids as you casually slipped the QUARTER under the pillow when they thought they had been forgotten!! This picture of Parker is one of my favorites so far. Ya gotta love that kid!
Grandma C.

Sam said...

Yea, what's up with this dollar business? We're headed for a recession...I think a quarter will do the trick.

DJ and Gin Family said...

You have to love the fact that we teach our kids to beware of stangers, then we tell them that a fairy, bunny, and fat man with a beard come into our house at night while we sleep. Ginny had recently been a little worried about this... I had to have the Easter bunny leave their loot on the fron t porch.
Your boys are so stinkin cute! All I can say is that a Sweet has to marry a Hansen someday. I will gladly offer up one of my girls to be a Sweet. (Heck, I have 3 girls, you have 3 boys, why not match them all up)?

Susan said...

So very tricky and smart, Carrie!

laura said...

at least you remembered! when i was little i got handwritten "i.o.u's" from the toothfairy!