Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lessons Learned & A Pinewood Derby

Remember how I told you the IMAX Body movie talked about sperm? Well, to my horrification (is that a word?) Carson brought a school paper home on Friday and here is what I saw on part of it:


I asked him what that little drawing was above the sphere and he said "oh, that's just a sperm because the sphrere looked like an egg.". Crap. Maybe if I ignore the situation it will go away. I wonder what his teacher thought....? Moving right along. This morning my ward had a "no rules pinewood derby" activity. It was cold, but lots of fun. We didn't have much time to put our car together so Sam hot glued a bunch of candy to the block of wood and called it "The Sweet Procrastinator". I think it came in 4th place overall (not counting the rocket car, see below), so that leftover Easter candy really paid off! We couldn't hold Carson back any longer, as soon as we turned our head he started ripping the candy off and eating it.


Perhaps the sweetest moment of the day was after most people left. Tom Hildebrand had installed a model rocket engine on the back of his car. During the races he couldn't get it working but he resolved it and we were able to shoot a video. I seriously couldn't believe how fast it shot down the track and then I couldn't believe all the grown men giggling like school girls! Check out the other two cars going down the track at the same time the rocket car went down, that shows how fast it went.

9 comments:

Jess said...

dang! that is SO hilarious! way more funny than "ken lee"!!!

laura said...

oh, tom is gonna be SO stoked that you posted that video! he seriously does turn into a giddy school girl when it comes to that kind of stuff.

and the picture carson drew KILLS me! you have to keep that for when he grows up and can appreciate how hilarious that is!

The Buckley's said...

Oh seriously that is hilarious! Like Laura said you have to keep that for him. He will DIE! I am so glad you took video of the derby. The Hildebrands were telling us about it. It looks like it was fun! Thanks for the comment on my birthday! Your the sweetest!

Unknown said...

Looks like the pinewood derbie went well! I wish we would've gone! We'll have to go next year for sure!
I totally love Carson's sperm picture - too funny!!!!!! That gave me a good laugh!

The Airharts said...

Oh I miss the ward! What a fun idea. We had our first ward pig pickin last night-awfull!

Amy said...

Tom's car was fast! I am glad he was able to get it to work. I loved your "Sweet mobile"!

Sarah said...

See, this entry is full of the fun stuff you would probably never remember if you didn't 'blog' it.
Carson seriously cracks me up. You'll have to ask his teacher if she noticed it!!

cathy said...

You need to save that picture for when he gets married and break it out at, say, the wedding breakfast. His best man would have a ball!
(is it just me, or are these "word verifications" getting harder and harder?)

Natalie said...

Carson would get along really well with Sarah. She was doing a math assignment, and needed to write out the amount of money. She wrote that she had "9 penis." It was pretty funny.

I'm surprised the rocket car wasn't Sam's. I bet he wishes it was. Neal saw the video, and said, "our ward needs to do that!"