Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Weekend

This was a great weekend. Non stop actually!

First of all, Parker got his first bloody nose on Friday. I didn't see it happen but apparently he kissed the pavement pretty hard. I took him into the house to get him cleaned up, but first, of course, I had to photograph the face. The picture doesn't do him justice-he had dirt marks all over his face, both nostrils were bloody, and the top of his nose got a nice road-rash owie on it. I just love his facial expression in this picture. It's like he knows I'm going to get a picture whether he is crying or not so this is his "okay mom, take the picture so you can clean me up" face.


Saturday started the first session of General Conference. My mom had put together conference packets for my boys. They were so fun--there were pictures of the General Authorities in the packet. They each were wearing a tie, but the tie was white so when that GA got up to speak, the boys had to find their picture, and color their tie like the one that was actually worn during the conference. Darren and Susan's family were here this weekend and Darren liked the packets so much he even took one to the Priesthood session and colored President Monson's tie!


Here are my cute boys. I told you Parker banged up his nose!


On Sunday, during the 1st session of Conference, Kevin (my 9 year old nephew) knitted Cameron a hat. Wasn't that nice? Here are the cousins that were together this weekend and Cameron is wearing his new hat.
Cameron, Kevin, Carson, Parker, Jacob, and Ethan


After the second session we decided to take a drive. We ended up at Copperton Park and let the kid stretch their legs. Mom and Dad even needed to get rid of some pent up energy. Awww, cute!


Fun pictures:





On the way home from the park we drove past a Hawaiin restaurant and I just had to stop and take a picture! I didn't know you opened a restaurant Nalani! :)


And finally, here is Cameron saying "Rock on!"

4 comments:

Eden said...

Hopefully Parker won't take after his dad and start spouting a bloody nose every day!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! right back at you cameron!

Amy said...

I love Copperton Park! How fun. Conference weekend is always a relaxing weekend.
Cameron is getting big!!
Oh by the way, we went to the zoo the other day as a family and Whitney kept asking if Parker was going to come with us! When the weather gets better we will have to get a group of women to go somewhere with our kids.

Amelia said...

Those are some really good pictures at the park, and Cam rocks!