Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 1 With Helmet Finished, 89 Days To Go

Here's a big Cameron update:

Yesterday Cameron had his 6 month appointment. Here's the stats for you stat-lovers.
Weight: 18lbs. 6oz = 64 percentile
Height: 27.5 inches = 81 percentile
Head: 17.4 inches = 43 percentile

I'm laughing that his head is considered on the small side because it's lookin' large and in charge to me! My other two boys always had big noggins so this is new territory for the Sweet household.

So Cameron had 4 shots yesterday and he's probably thinking I'm a terribly mean mom to allow such a thing....but after today I think he might disown me. For realsies.

Here he is at the Orthotist's office, all happy just laying on his dad's lap.


And then, the helmet fitting began. We didn't take pictures at this point because it was Trauma for Cameron's Mama! Holy cow, he screamed when they first placed the foreign object on his head. My heart broke in two and I thought "wow, these next few months are going to be rough." But then the funniest thing happened: While the doctor was out shaving the edges of the helmet to fit Cameron's head, Cameron fell fast asleep in my arms. What a nut!


So, Sam and I tried to enjoy the moment.


Hmmm, maybe we enjoyed the moment a little too much. ha ha ha!


So the rest of the fitting went by without too much trouble.


Here's what Cameron will look like in all his pictures for the next 2 to 3 months. Sam might look like this too, you just never know.


I like how there is a hole in the top for his mohawk to poke through. Pretty funny.


See this picture? See the hairy object on the right, next to Cameron's hand?
Those are Sam's eyelashes! Why do men get great eye lashes?? I would just love to have lashes that beautiful! Mine look like little spider legs. Lame-o. Oh,
Nalani! Do you remember that time when we were living together and I felt something on my forehead and all of a sudden a big brown spider climbed out of my afro hair and down my forehead? GAHHHHH!!! I still shudder about that!


Anyway, I think Cameron is amazing because between Physical Therapy, immunizations, and a helmet...all within 3 days of each other, he still has a smile on his face. He is such a sweetheart, I love him tremendously!

We had a funny moment earlier this evening. We were outside by the trampoline and Cameron was asleep in my arms. Carson threw a ball and it bounded towards me, hitting Cameron in the head. Cameron didn't even flinch. Then I realized that having to wear a helmet in a household of boys is quite the advantage! I can't count the number of bumps, bruises, and cuts my kids have gotten on their heads in their infancy! Just for kicks I may try teaching Cameron how to head butt his brothers....now THAT is entertainment!

More cell phone pics:

Sam got hot during the kids' swim lessons this past summer. So he improvised. Taken 7.1.08


Here is Parker. I'll bet he's saying "It's hot, I'm in the sun!" I can totally sympathize!! Taken 7.10.08


Sam was trying to teach my boys how to wakeboard...in Fern's living room. Taken 7.25.08


Here's a dresser I'm trying to get rid of. Does anybody want it? Taken 7.26.08


That's all for now!

9 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

He is such a cute boy and what a trooper. I hope the doctor didnt' walk in on you enjoying your special moment! Love the new pics! OH ya the hole in the top for hair is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ok I know you have no idea who I am... So let me start with.... Hi I'm Natalie Services sister-in-law Sage Service. My family and I live in Sandy. Now about that dresser? If your still looking to off it I would love to take it! By the way I love your blog you're freakin hilarious and the best mom!

Carrie said...

Sage,
Any relative of Natalie's is a friend of mine! But, can you laugh as loud as Natalie? ha ha ha!
YES, the dresser is yours! email me at carrie dot sweet @ benfinancial dot com. Give me your phone number and I'll call you in the morning.

Anonymous said...

he looks adorable and hopefully it will be over soon and you'll never have to worry about it again! and you're right...i think a helmet may come in handy with the two older ones around!

Ginger said...

You guys are so freaking funny. If that dresser doesn't work out with Sage you can send it our way. I still don't know if Landon needs a helmet because I haven't taken him to his 4 month check up yet. I thought he was pretty much out of the woods mostly because he is never even on his head and if he is it is always different spots but then the other day Lane said he thinks he needs one and my stomache sunk. Mostly because we don't have insurance right now. I can imagine they are pretty pricey. In fact I have heard they are.

The Airharts said...

The helmet is not bad at ALL! My friends was a big while chunky thing-camerens is clear, thin ,and beautiful-I really dont think I would mnd if my baby had to wear one now...all though I do thive in wuite the ghetto city-I bet they would give me the chunky white one, plus it's just how my luck works.

Holly Strong said...

Carrie, that helmet is awesome. I was thinking it'd be big bulky and ugly. You can totally put cute hats on it during the winter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hole in the top. I'm glad he's still happy and oh so healthy. Take plenty of pictures, before you know it that helmet will be long gone. I also agree with the head butting. When I was about 13 months old I broke my arm and was put in a cast (my arm got broken because my brothers pushed my off the top bunk.) SO, I was a smart one and everytime they were mean to me (which was often) I hit them with my cast. Let's just say my Mom wasn't too sympathetic to them. LOL

cathy said...

Aw, it's a cute helmet! You know, it's probably good that cooler weather is coming - it will be nicer for him.

Amy B. said...

It's not too bad...looks good on him...and I think you and Sam are so gross...ewwwwww...cooties..he's a boy!!!1