Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Birthday (Yesterday) Dexter!

Dexter's had a birthday, shout HOORAY!
He should be glad I'm not singing to him today.
He's one year old and wiser too
Happy Birthday, to you!

I can't believe he is 2! He got a plane, some awesome trains, and lots of automobiles. He's got the transportation thing covered! Definitely all boy!


Check out the train set he got! My boys were all over it like stink on a monkey. Oh yah, do you like Parker's socks? He didn't change out of his church socks....Sam told him he should never wear black socks with shorts but Parker didn't care. He is confident like that. He's just trying to be cool like Dexter (check out that popped collar!).


While at Curtis and Shandy's house, Carson worked on his frisbee skills. I loved that I caught this action shot. But, just now I zoomed in on the picture and noticed that Carson's eyes are totally closed! We'll have to work on that....


I just think this is a cute boy picture. Dexter and Carson are digging in Shandy's veggie garden (sorry Shandy!). I just love how tender Carson can be with younger kids...notice how I said he "CAN" be? :)


Cameron is a party animal.


Guess where Parker chose to play today?


I can't get enough of these eyes....Too bad I take the best pictures of his eyes around eating time because he always has a bib on, Duh! ***mental note, take bib off when getting good picture***



Tonight we met up with some friends from our old ward in the Avenues for a picnic. It rocked, but too bad I didn't bring out the camera until the very end. It was a beautiful park right at the base of a mountain in Sandy. I got a tender brother moment...but for some reason Carson is looking somewhere besides the camera. Ah well, at least they are both smiling.


And now for some more cell phone pictures!

Parker makes me laugh because he'll play all day and by late afternoon he just can't take it anymore. He will randomly fall asleep all over the house. This time it was in the living room, surrounded by toys, holding on to his backpack. Nut job. Taken 3.19.08


Cameron likes to stretch out too. Taken 4.2.08


I miss his fuzzy hair. Taken 4.2.08


Chubby Cheeks! Taken 5.20.08


Parker and Carson being monkeys in Curtis' Walnut Tree. Hey Nalani, remember when we thought this was an apple tree? Jed rolled his eyes at us, grabbed the green pod, peeled it back, and revealed a brown walnut underneath? That was so funny! Gotta love Jed! Taken 5.24.08


And the last one for tonight, and my favorite picture on my phone. Here is Carson with an orange slice in his mouth, at the Sweet Tomato restaurant. I just love the lighting and the motion around him. So funny! Taken 5.26.08


More to come later.

Tomorrow morning I go to another Physical Therapy appointment with Cameron. Let's hope I have a better experience this time. I'll try not to be a grump about it on my blog tomorrow...

12 comments:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Man your a fast commenter

PrincessKatie said...

Your kids are too cute. Little Cameron was so cute in Relief society yesterday. He keep the back row smiling. Good luck wiht your appointment tommorow.

cathy said...

If that PT rolls her eyes again maybe you can suggest a helmet for her big head.

Carl and Pat said...

That was quite a party. Dexter is the perfect birthday boy...he got excited over each and every gift and kept the whole group laughing! That train table was a definite winner. Keep the photos coming of Cameron's eyes--they will look stunning with the helmet! And Parker, keep up the individuality--it definitely pays off!

Anonymous said...

i love it- your boys are sooo cute!!

Jess said...

hello ausome auntie.. one of my friends, kellie, has linked to your blog from hers because she likes reading it because you're funny and cool.. and she thinks you should sign up for mormonmommyblogs.com..

Jess said...

sorry.. mormonmommyblogs.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

So, I read your whole blog..but when you threw in the Sweet Tomato reference, you lost me. I am sitting here wondering if I left right when I dropped the boys at school tomorrow and drove like mad, would I have enough time to get my money's worth, and drive back to pick them up from school. Wanna do lunch? I heart Sweet Tomato.

Ginger said...

Your boys are so cute. So, Lane and Parker must have the same sense of style because Lane WILL NOT change out of his church socks on Sunday no matter what. Lately I have at least talked him out of it when he is wearing shorts but if it weren't for me he would wear them with shorts.

Oh and I love your table and red wall. Is the other wall grey? I thought about using grey once.

Toni said...

Cameron has crazy gorgeous eyes!!! I think the bib gives the picture character!

Susan said...

At least Carson caught the frisbee with his eyes closed. That's impressive.

Delene said...

My Ryan used to fall asleep anywhere! One day it was the irrigation ditch (small one on side of our yard and empty at the time. Lots of times on the lawn. One time we couldn't find him anywhere......asleep on his bed! So this story reminds me of my own. Thanks for sharing.