Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Brush Your Teeth & Eat Your Green Beans

This week has been strangely subdued. To that, I shout "HOORAY!!!".

Here's what I've been up to the last few days. Before I get into that...I must say, I love Carson! Do you know he taught Parker his colors when Parker was just learning to talk? Right now, Carson and Parker are sitting on the couch next to me. Carson is reading Parker a book about the Universe. He is teaching Parker how to read the word "the". Every time he gets to "the" in this book, he pauses and says "Parker, what is that word?" and Parker dutifully replies "The". He even lets Parker turn the pages. I love it! Big brothers rule! The only downside....Carson keeps saying Parker's name like "Par-er" and he skips the "K" sound. Drives me crazy it does.

Sam and I painted our room over a year ago. We hadn't hung anything on our walls, until Monday. I finally got sick of the pictures stacked up in a corner of our room. I dusted them off and said to Sam "let's hang pictures"...and we did. For all you who think I lead an incredibly exciting life, that last paragraph should make you appreciate your exciting life a little more, eh?

Here's a few pictures. I'm not done decorating yet, but this is what we had to work with right now. If you have any suggestions of what I can put on either side of the wreath above my bed, feel free to share them.





One day Carson found a little tooth brushing kit that he got at school last year. In the kit were little pink pills. After you brush your teeth as good as you can, you chew a pill and the pink-ness will stick to the parts of your teeth you didn't brush very good. Carson wanted to test it out. So he brushed really good and chewed the pill. He opened his mouth and exclaimed "OH MAAAAAANNNNNN!" I couldn't stop laughing. His teeth were seriously hot pink! So, we had a little lesson on brushing BETTER. He then brushed all the pink off his teeth and I've never seen them look whiter (with the exception of the dentist cleaning!). Live and learn...hopefully!


Tonight I got my haircut. So happy. After I got home I fed Cameron some green beans. I had the camera ready....here's what he had to say about it.

This is disgusting! Why are you feeding this puke green stuff to me?!?!?!?!


Ummmm, maybe it's not TOTALLY gross, but I'm not ready to admit it yet.


Oh, fine, I'm pretty sure I like the green beans, okay?? In fact...I'm too sexy for my beans...too sexy for my beans....


Thanks mom, my belly feels better. Now don't get too smug. Remember this: Beans Beans, the magical fruit...the more you eat the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel, so let's have beans for every meal!

10 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Carrie. You crack me up. I love this post! Too funny. Also I wish Hailey had a big brother. Thats awesome how much he is willing to teach and help his brother. So I love the color in your room. You are going to have to tell me the name of it and wher eyou got it. Now that I Finally have walls to paint I am going nuts. I think you shoudl do some vinyl on yoru wall> It would look awesome. If you want to know someone who does it let me know I have a friend. Hope you are feeling better!

cathy said...

He doesn't like green beans? You should try stewed tomatoes. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha - hilarrrrious! we need to hang, i am not ready to confront my empty house.... i am avoiding it! i love your boys! your room looks great... i didn't see my picture hanging though.... hmmmmm

Carl and Pat said...

Good one! Cute photos of Cameron, and your room is looking mighty fine. I need some of those pink tablets--I think they should provide them for adults, too!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Nice star picture thing! You should be candles on each side-the sconces kind.

From Shandy

Natalie said...

I used to LOVE those pink things. I remember getting them at school when the dentist people came and taught us how to brush their teeth. I wish they would go to my kids school. Maybe they would brush their teeth more dutifully. Or maybe I could be a better mother and make them do it myself.

Oh, and what to hang next to your wreath? I think swords or shields would look GREAT! Ask Sam. He would probably agree.

Tonje said...

I agree with Cameron. Green beans are ghastly.

The Airharts said...

Oh Carrie-if I could only be as funny as you! I say nothing next to the wreath-I am a less is more kind of person. Coming from someone who has worked in a dentist office for 5 years-I even have pick stuff left on my teeth after I brush-gross-I promise I'm a good brusher-I dont know what they expect from us, those tablet makers-you should try one-at least its something to do when your board.

Lizzie Fizzie said...

Cameron is so photogenic! i love it! . . aw, fern sounds lonely! Carrie can you play with her? i think she misses me.

Rose said...

Yes, you should definitely have a picture of Fern's face in the middle of that wreath, over your bed! LOL