Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Fern!!

Today is Fern's 29th birthday. She rocks. I know I talk a lot about Fern, but for those of you who live under a rock and aren't sure who she is, let me tell you!

Here she is with her daughter Melissa, my niece Sydney, and 2 month old Cameron:


Fern is Sam's sister. She is one of the most amazing and unselfish people I know (along with my own parents of course!) When I had Carson she started babysitting him when he was 7 weeks old and she continued to do so until he was almost 4 years old. She taught me a lot about parenting and how to enjoy my children. She is eternally patient, kind, thoughtful, and let's not forget fun! She loves to laugh and she can easily find humor everywhere she goes. As the years have gone by and I've added 2 more kids to my family she treats each one of them with the same love that she gave Carson during those 4 years. All I have to do is mention 'Aunt Fern' to my boys and they start doing the happy dance (not to be confused with the pee pee dance, they are quite similar). As a parent I generally have a hard time believing that anybody could love my children as much as I do....but I never have those doubts when Fern is around. She truly enjoys being around the crazy Sweet's that we are.

Fern, thank you for welcoming me into your family and life. You are a wonderful sister and I can't wait to celebrate your 29th birthday with you next year!

To celebrate the big day, we went to Park City again tonight. We grubbed on pizza and hung out. Then we went and enjoyed some of the activites that the resort offered...The alpine slide and zip line were closed because it was kind of drizzly so we let Carson and Parker jump on the trampolines. They attached a harness to the boys and lifted them up with surgical tubing so they could jump super high. Parker didn't have enough weight to surge him into the air, but Carson totally did. It was way funny!



There's a new ride that I haven't seen before up there. It's kind of like a roller coaster. The little carts you sit on are like the ones for the alpine slide, but these are attached to the track so you can't fly off (remember when you flew off twice Curtis??). It was soooooo fun! I totally want to go again, right now. I was on a cart with Parker and Sam rode with Carson. Sam had the camera and got a few shots:





It takes you up as high as the chair lift and you go super slow. But it's fun because the track that takes you down the mountain curves and swirls all around the slow upward track so while you are creeping upwards, you get so excited because you can see everybody WHIZZING past you on their way down. I was so proud of Parker because on the way up he kept putting his hands in the air like he just didn't care. Then as we were flying down the mountain he was screaming...in a good way. He kept yelling "WHEEEE" and "WHEE-HAAAAWWWWW!" It was super super awesome.

I think I want to do it all over again tomorrow! :)

Oh, here's something to look forward to: Soccer bloopers. Yep, tomorrow is Parker's first soccer game. He has been obsessed with soccer for about 1 1/2 years now, but he's never played. So, his first time playing will be in a game. Good times ahead!

3 comments:

Meridith O. said...

That looks like so much fun Carrie! I think I need an Aunt Fern around....what a great sister! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Ambyr said...

Sounds like you guys had tonz of fun. The new ride sounds awesome. I have never even been on he alpine slide! I Know, what's wrong with me?

Anonymous said...

aww shucks....thanks! you make it easy to love you and your boys! I think it has carried over from when sam was a baby! hahaha