Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tired Of Looking At Puke Pictures?

Time for an update for sure!

On Sunday afternoon we went up to Park City to hang out with Fern's family. They have a condo up there for a week. It was lots of fun, and hopefully we didn't crash their family dinner too hard!

Here is Aaron (or some call him Cory, I still don't understand why). Fern's family plays this game where they say "Spectacular Action, deposit twenty five cents!" then you pretend to deposit a quarter and they turn into a bucking bull. This got my boys sufficiently hyper and wired. Good job Aaron!






Then a vicious pillow fight ensued.



That's Nick in the above picture, he's my nephew. He is a perfect blend in personalities of Carson and Parker so all 3 of them have a blast together! Maybe they were getting along too well because suddenly the noise level was kind of out of control. So we decided to go for a walk.

The condo was located right by the Alpine Slide. Check out the changing leaves? Can you believe it's already this time of year? What happened to summer?


Nut jobs. Too bad this wasn't a video. Carson was doing a pretty impressive booty dance here.


This contraption provided endless entertainment for the three musketeers. I want one installed in my backyard!


Sam, you are going the wrong way! Sam, can you hear me??? Sam?


I neglected to think about cooler weather in PC so none of us had jackets or blankets...I improvised with Cameron. Nice towel buddy!


I think the butterfly paranoia has caught up with me. While we were exploring, there was nobody else around. What does Fern find on the ground right in front of us? A dang butterfly book. Honestly, what are the odds?? Of course Fern stashed the book in my stroller so now the dang thing is in my garage.


By now it's getting very chilly. Parker said "Can somebody give me some warm?" and Fern promptly removed her coat for him. Isn't she a nice Aunt?

Sam took the next series of photos and I love them. This picture makes me chuckle every time I see it. Just study it and if you don't smile at all, then you are too uptight today. Take a cleansing breath!


I also think having a large glass rectangle in my back yard would be fun. Besides the fact that Parker would run into it every day, forgetting it was there, we could have endless entertainment making faces on it! It's a win-win situation! Oh boy, it looks like Carson need to use the "ahem, facilities" in one of those pictures...





Remember Aaron? He's crazy. I'm going to have heart palpitations when my boys start doing stuff like this.




Sweet action shot!


This weekend is Fern's birthday, I think she said she was going to be 29 years old. Anyway, she wants to ride the Bobsled or the Luge at the Olympic Park so if it all pans out, I should have some sweet pictures for that!

Today Cameron gets to have his helmet off until 2:30. He's dang happy about it:


He has a spot on the side of his head that is getting bruised from all the pressure. I called the orthotist and they told me to leave the helmet off until 2:30 and then bring him in to the office so they can adjust the helmet. Dang, he may not like having it back on after a day of freedom. Pray for my sanity! I know he's only had the helmet for 4 days but I swear I can see the flat spot on the right side of his head starting to round out. Excellent!

Last of my cell phone pics:

Pretty sunset. Taken 8.25.08


U-S-A....U-S-A....U-S-A... Taken 9.1.08


My dad, Parker, Cameron, and myself stopped at Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory one day and took a tour. Little did we know that this is the slow season so a tour is kind of retarded because they aren't making that much chocolate. If you want to see real action, go during Easter time or Christmas time. Live and learn. They did give us free samples. Here is Parker enjoying his. Taken 9.2.08


So I guess I live in the ghetto because 2 nights ago I was rudely awaken by 6 gunshots reverberating through the air at 3am! I called and reported it to the police and felt stupid because they asked me what direction the gunshots came from..."I don't know, it woke me up from a deep sleep..." and then they asked me what kind of gun it was "um, I don't know it sounded like 'bang bang bang' six times repeated.". :) Specific is Terrific and I'm sure I gave the officer all the info he needed to crack the case.....or maybe he is playing my tape over and over to his associates while they laugh at me.

I met my first blog stalker yesterday! A big shout out to Sage! Sage was lovely and she took a dresser off my hands that I've been trying to get rid of. Admitting you are a blog stalker can really pay off! Sage, now that we've met, you can openly read and comment without any embarrassment. Sage is amazing because she has FOUR boys and two of those boys are twins. Isn't that amazing!?! I'm bowing down right now chanting "I'm not worthy" to your feet. You don't look like you've gone crazy at all so there is hope for me yet! Oh yeah, she also has a little girl they've adopted and they are looking to adopt another child soon. Very awesome and good luck with that!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Prices have gone up so much these days, it should be "spectacular action: please deposit 50 cents."

I think I know why they call Aaron "Cory." When Fern was pregnant, they were thinking of naming him Cory (or maybe it was Carson. It was a long time ago). My mom made a baby blanket or something like that and she put the name "Cory" on it (or carson. Like I said, it was a long time ago).

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Yea, I've wondered the same thing about Aaron's name, I just figured it was his middle name.

I don't recall what your older 2 boys looked like when they were babies, but DANG Carrie, Cameron is stinking CUTE! I just want to squeeze those little cheeks of his! And he looks cute in his helmet too! You have a great attitude, I applaud you!

Meridith O. said...

Carrie, I love reading your blog! You seriously make me laugh with all your funny stories and comments. I'm so glad I have such a funny cousin to connect with on the joys/adventures of parenting. I swear mothers should be considered super hero's! Let's get together sometime....I can't believe I've never been to your house!

Carl and Pat said...

I'd probably be the one coming along behind those crazy kids with the bottle of Windex!!! Cute photos. I love the one of Cameron lovin' life helmetless. Those eyes... You are right, the picture with Melissa, Sydney, and the gang brought a smile. Cute!!

Eden said...

My in-laws have a time share right by the Alpine Slide too (The Marriot Mountainside--by the looks of your pictures, it could be the same place). We go up with them every year. I ALWAYS forget how cold it's going to be there in the fall, but I never thought to use the towels! Nice going.

PrincessKatie said...

Lucky little Cameron. I hope that by having them adjust the helmet his head won't be bruised. HE sure is a trooper. Love the glass picturs!

Rose said...

4 boys and two are twins! That is amazing! I don't know how she can ever manage! Oh wait, yes I do! LOL

Mother of 5 boys, one set of twins

Anonymous said...

same condos eden, it is great up here! cory is aarons middle name- i don't remember the blanket.. sob- that would be awesome.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Fern, you don't remember the blanket, "SOB" as in you are sad or, "Son of a Biotch, I don't remember the blanket!" Haha!

Amy B. said...

You are freaking hilarious and super silly...I wish I had your humor...we need to get together, it would be so much fun! I always loved hanging out with you guys.

Anonymous said...

i am comfortable with the second laurel!! haha