Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pruney

Look mom, I'm all pruney!


I didn't have the heart to tell him his pants were inside out. I pick my battles.


Guess what Parker said today? Tomorrow I'm substituting in his Primary Class. Here's a little conversation we had about it:

Carrie: Hey Parker, guess what I get to do tomorrow?
Parker: What?
Carrie: I get to teach your primary class!
Parker: You do?
Carrie: Yep.
Parker: But.....who's going to be my mom?

Guess what Carson said tonight?
Carson: Hey mom, you know what would make the world a whole lot safer??
Carrie: What?
Carson: If we had a little less gravity on earth.
Carrie: You are right, with your record, less gravity would be a great thing.
Carson: What record?
Carrie: Never mind.

So....
Sam has been working for Intermountain Health Care for 10 years. He got to choose an anniversary gift out of about 30 items. He chose a telescope. We looked at the moon on Friday night. It was super cool!


We had a fun Saturday today. Sam and I have made a new rule in my house, now we just need to inform the boys. No more TV on Saturday once breakfast is over! Of course I let them watch TV before breakfast because they wake up at the bum crack of dawn so TV is how I get a few more minutes of slumber.

We didn't tell the kids about this rule, but once they got dressed we just said "no TV, just go outside..." and throughout the day we found stuff for them to do.

Here's something we did. Sam and Carson got the brilliant idea a few months ago to recylce our own cans to earn some money. So, we've just been throwing our cans in a garbage bag in the garage. Today the bag was full so I suggested we recyle them. Sam disagreed. He said they needed to be crushed and then fill a garbage bag that way. So, we put Carson and Parker to work crushing cans. It took a few hours and I think they had fun!

Parker is proud of his crushing skills:


Carson thinks he's strong...


May the Mountain Dew force be with you, I know it is with me.


I have to brag about Sam...we've had a leaky sprinkler on the corner of our property for about a year now. If you walk on my sidewalk you'll know exactly what I'm talking about....sorry you had to walk through it!

Anywho, He has exhausted all possibilities of what could be wrong so today he replaced the entire valve. Quite the project. I'm happy to report that the muddy leak has FINALLY stopped! Wahooooo! My water bill can chill out now!

He looks like he means business....PVC pipe, sprinkler parts and bug spray in the bag, and a popsicle in his mouth just to show me that he's not taking it too seriously. I love that Sam-I-Am!


The other day I saved a bunch of pictures off my cell phone and into my computer. Over the next few blog posts I'll share some of those pics with you. Can you feel the excitement in the air?

My hunka burnin' love. Taken 9.30.07


Sharing a drink at Costco. Taken 1.18.08


Suck harder! Taken 1.31.08


I shoveled this snow and I was due to deliver Cameron in 3 weeks. I was careful, I promise! Notice Parker wearing his shirt inside out and backwards so he could feel the tag? I'm so glad I broke him of this habit! Taken 2.14.08


This was the day before I delivered Cameron. I was ornery, everything hurt, and I made the boys go outside to play so I could have a few moments of peace. :) Taken 3.8.08


This is from Fern's camera. Nice to meet ya Cameron! Taken 3.9.08


More to come soon!

3 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Super cute and fun pictures. I thiunk thats a great idea for saturdays. I might have to do that rule at our house. However its those late morning shoes that keep Hailey out of my hair so I can sleeP in later! HA HA Fun pictures off your phone!

Sweet Girl said...

I'm must have picked up the randomness from good ol' Aunt Carrie! lol I do love the comment... Sam and I have made a new rule in "my" house"... that's made me laugh all day while working! Thanks for having a cute family!

Natalie said...

Thanks for your blog. It seriously makes my day go a little happier and makes me take myself a little less seriously. I think I'll start walking around with a popsicle in my mouth.

I think Parker was meant to be Sarah's twin. More than once I've picked her up from school and she's had her coat upside down, inside out, and backwards. All at the same time! Seriously no lie. I wish I had a camera with me at the time.