Saturday, September 13, 2008

Remember When?

Hey Sam, remember when Cameron puked ALL OVER himself at the store? That was pretty funny.

Oh wait, how could I not remember?!? It just happened today.

So, we had a few errands to run today. We thought we'd take advantage of the 1 hour per day we get without a helmet and hit the town. We were on errand #2...at Roberts Arts & Crafts because Parker needed velcro to fix his precious omnitrix (he wears it so much that he busted the little buttons that keep it on his wrist). Sam found the velcro and plops it on Cameron's lap. Cameron proceeds to pick up the package and start gnawing on the corner of the cardboard. I look at him a minute later and he has a really funny look on his face and I can tell he's chewing something. Sure enough, a soggy hunk of cardboard is now in his mouth. I do what any mother would do....the finger swipe.

I swipe my finger in his mouth, retrieve the cardboard, and 1.2 seconds later, Cameron's entire 6 ounces of formula is completely covering him and his carseat. Ya know what? I think formula is an extremely stinky substance when it's fresh. Add some stomach acid and a bit of curdling and by now the stench is almost puke-worthy for the nose of the beholder.


Lucky for me, I had the debit card and Sam didn't. I said to Sam "You go outside and clean him up and I'll pay for the velcro." Sam put the hood of the carseat up and over Cameron so others didn't have to enjoy the scene like we were. He went outside and instead of cleaning him up, he just buckled him in. Meanwhile, Parker is in the back seat gagging uncontrollably himself, wretching over and over. Good thing I didn't see that because I would be giggling uncontrollably. Ask anyone, a good gag is hysterical.

So I pay for the velcro and go out to the van and by now the vomit is dry and curdly (is that a word?). Sam said "let's just go home and clean him up" so we did. By the time we got home Cameron was asleep in his own funk. So we had to wake up the cranky child and bathe him. Sam got car seat cleaning duty, and then we stayed home pretty much the rest of the day, with the exception of going to our friends' baby blessing.


Just remember....if you are having a boring day or you wish you had more excitement in your lives, think about the Sweet's and the smell of curdled formula and then you'll be happy for the day you had.

By the way, Cameron wasn't too thrilled about his helmet today. I feel so bad for the guy because it puts some serious pressure on his forehead and on the side of his head, there are big ol' red marks there now. I finally gave him some Motrin tonight so he could calm down enough to sleep.

OH YEAH, I have to tell you, Cameron HATES peas! Everything I've given him thus far has been just hunky dory. Tonight I gave him the dreaded pasty peas. He didn't like it one bit and he wasn't afraid to tell me about it! Just for fun, I think I'll try giving him peas for breakfast...

PS: Don't you think that first picture of Cameron sort of looks like my nephew Dexter? Well, minus the puke of course....

8 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Thanks for sharing your silly moments. THey truely make me feel normal. I am sure that smell was not pretty but at least he was still so darn cute!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

lol, cameron is so photogenic! even when covered in puke! . and why is it that formula reeks so bad!?@!

Rose said...

Ya, thanks for sharing! I just love vomit pics! lol I love the one where he's smiling like, awe, I feel lots better now! or Hey mom, look what I can do! ;)

Holly Strong said...

Love the puke and I can almost smell it. That seriously is one of the worst smells EVER! Poor Parker. LOL As for looking like Dexter....I think that boy looks like all your kids at one point or another. They are DEFINITELY related.

Meridith O. said...

I hate that!!! Of course everyone that isn't around when it happens can laugh about it and you kind of just want to slap them! Oh the adventures of being a mother....you are a great one Carrie! I love reading your blog and feeling like there is someone else out there going through what I am going through!

Meridith O. said...

I hate that!!! Of course everyone that isn't around when it happens can laugh about it and you kind of just want to slap them! Oh the adventures of being a mother....you are a great one Carrie! I love reading your blog and feeling like there is someone else out there going through what I am going through!

Ink Poison said...

I love that car seat. Where did you get it?

Carrie said...

Ingrid,
We got the car seat at Babies R Us in Midvale. We love it except for one thing...the handle is kind of hard to move up and down.