Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tender Moments, With Some Humor Too!

I can't find the mouse to the lap top, I hate it when that happens. I'm no good at the finger-pad-mouse....Sam, do you know where the mouse is? Oi.

So the past few days I have some tender moments with the youngest two.

First of all, Cameron is gangsta.


Cameron had his PT appt yesterday. He has full range of motion in his neck now, which is awesome! So, we just keep doing the exercises for awhile to keep it that way. I have 3 more scheduled appointments, every other Tuesday. So by the end-ish of October we should be done with PT, thank goodness. I don't like it very much.

I'm just so relived that Cameron is such a mellow child. In fact, when the physical therapist asked me if he was rolling yet, I said in a mama bear voice "No, but I don't think it's because he can't. I just think he's too content, he doesn't have the desire to roll!" It's so true, that kid just laughs at whatever is going on around him, he doesn't have to roll around to find something to entertain himself with. The therapist backed off the rolling issue when I told her this. Phew.

When I was feeding Cameron yesterday I couldn't believe how fast he's growing. He's definitely NOT lightweight. I love the way his knuckles are just little dimples.


He's doing pretty good with sitting up on his own, I still have to watch him closely because he's kinda wobbly, but he's getting stronger all the time. I probably kiss his cheeks about 10,000 times per day. It's true, just ask anyone! You have to remember, I worked full time when Carson and Parker were this age so a lot of the things Cameron does are new to me! I'm really enjoying him.


Today Parker put on his little jacket and sat on the steps, outside my front door. After about 20 minutes I went out there to ask him what he was doing. He said "Just waiting for Carson to come home from school." I don't think Parker realized it, but Carson wouldn't be home for another 2 hours.


Imagine my surprise, when about 5 minutes later I looked outside and this is what I saw:



Oh my gosh, I was laughing my guts out! I considered letting him finish his nap right there, but then I thought the neighbors would call 911 because it seemed like Parker dropped dead on my front porch.

More cell phone pictures.

This was at Carson's "Distinguished Cub" program at his school last spring. Parker really liked this sign I guess. Taken 5.29.08


Here is Parker. He thinks he looks like a hottie, all ready for church. Taken 6.1.08


Here is Parker after falling on my parents' deck joists and messing up his face. Taken 6.19.08


Let's talk about somebody besides Parker shall we? I know, let's talk about Liz. Liz is my niece and she is crazy funny...in a good way. Liz and Mel were boating one day and Mel's head smacked the front of Liz's face...NOT in a good way. Best black eye ever!


More to come later, I need to find the mouse, this is too hard for me!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I can so relate to that picture of Cameron asleep on the porch. When Kris was about that age he would do the same thing. One day I looked out and saw his tike tipped over in the street gutter, went racing out there to see if he was hurt only to find him sound asleep...IN THE GUTTER! I guess he thought while he was down there he might as well take a nap. Kids! Ya gotta love them...or they would drive you nuts.

PrincessKatie said...

The pictures of him sleeping on the porch are so cute. What a fun memory of him waiting for his big brother to come home! That black eye looks awful. I could barely look at it!

Kellie said...

I recently found your blog, I hope it's ok that I lurked. Those pictures of your little boy waiting on the steps and then sleeping are so cute!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

You are so entertaining! I love peaking in on your blog. Glad Cameron is doing so well, and he's getting so big! Your boys have personality plus... I love that Parker just conks out wherever - so funny!

Anonymous said...

haha- thanks for the reminescing sp? -i still feel bad for liz!! nothing cuter than dimples!!

cathy said...

I'm so glad Cameron is doing so well, and props for standing up to the PT!

Anonymous said...

Mouse was in my backpack, sorry.

The story of that picture of Parker holding the sign goes like this...
Carson was getting his award that day and Fern told me to send a picture of when he gets it. I either forgot or didn't want to stand up in front of everyone and get the picture so I told Parker to hold the sign, took the picture, and told Fern it looked something like that...

Lindsey said...

Parker on the porch reminds me of a picture of myself (near the same age) asleep on the porch. Apparently, I was missing and my mother was frantic (too bad she didn't get frantic at Disneyland) and called Fontella asking if she had seen me. Fontella answered in the negative only to call my mom back a few minutes saying, "look on your front porch but don't open the door!" There I was...sound asleep.

Jess said...

parker looks sooo much like nick sweet in the church suit picture.. don't you think?