Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Redo!

As far as Cameron's helmet goes, I'm going to pretend that the last 2 weeks did not happen. We are going to count yesterday as Cameron's first day of wearing his helmet. So, 2-3 months from September 29th Cameron should be done with it.

His scab finally fell off on Sunday night so yesterday morning I put the helmet on. After 3 hours I could tell he was hurting because the helmet rubbed against the sensitive skin of his former 'owie'. I took him back into the orthotist, again, and had them adjust the helmet...again. He's had the helmet for 2 weeks and I've been to the orthotist 4 times. By now I know all the employees and their life histories.

Anywho, the orthotist made quite a large bubble around Cameron's sore so the helmet doesn't even touch it now. Cameron is happy and I'm even happier. The helmet doesn't seem to bug him at all, he even slept from 7:30pm last night to 8:00am this morning! Yahooooooo!!!!!!



Thanks for everybody's advice on switching physical therapists/orthotists. I carefully digested everything you said in your comments and I even talked to some of you in person. I made a decision on what to do. I have successfully switched his orthotist and everybody was really cool about it, especially the receptionist. She told me the orthotist that I used to go to does everything from helmets to prosthetics. The orthotist I have now ONLY works with helmets and he's great.

As for the physical therapist...my next appt is a week from today and Sam graciously took the day off so he could come with me. We'll both evaluate the therapist at this next appointment. If we both feel like it's not a compatible relationship, then I'll switch therapists as soon as the appointment is over. I'm beyond weird feelings, I just want the therapy to work and be done with it.

Howeve, maybe Parker needed therapy on his neck when he was a baby and nobody knew it. Look how these two were sitting yesterday. Funny!


This picture shows the bubble in the helmet. Look on Cameron's right side, your left side, above his ear. See the outward bump? There is still quite a knot right there on Cameron's head. The orthotist said it will go away after time.


Guess what started today??

Carson's bowling classes! Not only does he get to learn how to bowl, he gets to learn with 2 of his buddies, Tanner and Lee!

They got to wear official bowling shoes and receive instruction from a bowling teacher. Then they have time to bowl, and then eat lunch there! How fun is that?

Here are Tanner, Carson, and Lee right before their lessons.


Showing off their shoes!


They even got a lane all to themselves!


Here's their instructor doing stretches with them and giving specific tips on how to bowl properly. Carson fouled on his first try when his foot went too far into the lane. So funny!





Parker was super BITTER that he didn't get to play. He sulked the whole time I was there. Poor buddy.


They'll have 4 more bowling classes over the next few weeks and then they will go back on track for school. I love these obscure activities. Maybe we can find a juggling class next time they go off-track....or maybe they could learn to be mimes! Then my ears could get a break! ha ha ha!!!

14 comments:

Susan said...

A bowling class would be so much fun. My boys would love it!

Amy B. said...

We are off track too...you on A track? I love year round!!! Since we are selling our home and moving back to Kaysville, we will no longer be on year round and I don't know what we'll do. I'm glad Cameron's doing better...poor little guy.

cathy said...

Way to go with the switch - I knew you could do it! Bowling is a great idea - maybe you could get him a fancy bowling shirt for Christmas or his own ball.

laura said...

carson's the perfect age for that kind of thing! i'll bet he loved it!

tom took a bunch of bowling classes in college, and he pretty much thought he was a pro by the end of them.

Natalie said...

Nice butt shot of the bowling teacher. You're pretty mean - making Parker watch as his brother bowls. That's like me making Kate watch as Sarah goes to horse camp. Oh wait. I did that already. Kate sulked all week.

Sarah said...

Hmm..bowling DOES sound fun. So fun, in fact, that the next time we all get together here in Blackfoot, I think we'll all go bowling. I am sure that'll get a few laughs. If Natalie is even half as good at bowling as she is at basketball, we'll be JUST FINE! =-) Sorry I missed the party!

Holly Strong said...

Good news on Cameron. I can't wait to see how the pt goes. I hope the lady isn't so undesirable. LOL Thanks for the bowling pics and taking the boys this morning. Tanner hasn't stopped talking about it today. He kept saying, "Guess who got the only strike at bowling today?" Yup, Tanner. LOL he is such a ham. I am so excited we found this AND they serve lunch. Poor Parker, next year little buddy, next year! I told Tanner that when they're all done, maybe we could go on a "bowling date" and take the boys, our big ones and little ones...LOL

PrincessKatie said...

How exciting that he is taking a bowling class. WHere is he doing that at? I am glad that you switched doctors. I hope that makes your life seem a littel better and good luck with the next pt appointment and your decision with that.n Hey if Parker ever needs some one to play with you can send him over our way!

Carl and Pat said...

As good as Carson is at Wii bowling, I'm sure he'll do great! I love Cameron in his helmet--good goin' on the assertiveness, kiddo!

Anonymous said...

I like cream pies

Unknown said...

Bowling classes! What a fun idea!

I so sorry that little Cameron's had so much trauma with the helmet! Poor kid! I'm glad that you've gotten everything worked out now! Good luck!

Ambyr said...

Bowling is awesome. I think it's totally funny that he wanted to learn to bowl. Cameron looks happier with the new bubble, hopefully it works this time. How was Parker's soccer game the other night?

Anonymous said...

I am glad I have a dork for a brother!! you keep us laughing!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking those pics of the boys! They are way fun! This was a great idea- Lee looks forward to it everytime, and he's having a really good time with Carson and Tanner.
I'm glad Cameron is doing better. He's a trooper- so is his Mom!

Michelle