Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Soccer

I've had a couple of crazy days. Instead of blogging about them and making you all frustrated by my negativity, let's just say that physical therapy isn't going so well. I hate it, Cameron hates it. How do I know Cameron hates it? Well, for starters he had a major blowout, right as I was handing him over to the therapist. We are talking up the back, almost to the neckline. Then, as if I didn't get the point then and there, he screamed the entire time the therapist was working with him. It frazzled me to the bone. You know how when you are frazzled and somebody asks you "what's wrong?" and it makes you break down and cry?

Yeah, me either. I don't understand why anybody would ever cry just because they are frazzled. Ummmmm......psst, Jene'! Thanks for letting me unload on you!

Ahem, back to soccer. Game 2.

Carson the diva!


Watching soccer is a spectator sport....so is spectator watching. Here's a little something I found about 6 feet away from me. How many captions can go with this picture?
Don't do crack!
Credit card.....swipe!

Personally, I like the artistic sun ray heading right where the sun don't shine!!


If I HAD to guess, I'd say Parker likes playing soccer!


Mental note: Make sure Parker wears tighty-whities to play sports in! He kept showing off his boxer briefs to his teammates! GASP


What a good friend. Jacob fell down and Parker, instead of copying him and falling down himself, chose to help Jacob up. Does a mother's heart good I tell ya!


Blurry, but funny. Parker running the wrong way, coach frantically pointing him in the right direction!


One girl tripped and fell, about 3 others ran right over her, which resulted in 2 injuries. The coach acted quickly, he scooped up the injured, ran them across the field to the parents, and was back on the field in about 7 seconds flat. Impressive! I would have probably laughed, then parents would have been mad at me.


This is Jene'. She is a great friend of mine, and she knows that if she sits on Carson I won't be mad, I'll just laugh. It worked! She sat on her own son, Josh, and Carson. They deserved it, pesky mischevious boys!


Helmet update:
I took Cameron to the helmet people on Monday morning. This time I worked with a different guy and I liked him much better. He took his time and listened to my concerns and put me at ease. The nice thing about these helmets is they are made of plastic that is very pliable when heated. This guy took the helmet from me, grabbed a blow torch out from a cupboard in the room we were in (DANG had I known that was there all along I would have had some fun. Just kidding! Maybe...) and heated up the spot where it was making the sore. Then he pushed out on the helmet on the hot spot and made a nice bubble so the helmet wouldn't push on Cameron's sore. So it's probably a lot more comfortable for him now. I don't really know that yet because we can't have him wear the helmet until the sore heals. Meanwhile I'm afraid all the work the helmet did for one week that he wore it, is now being undone by a week of not wearing it. Time for a redo of the past 2 weeks I think!

So this brings me to a topic that my friend Cathy and I were having. Do you just accept the cards that are dealt to you, or do you fight your way through life, trying to get the best hand possible?

For example: I think I need to switch physical therapists, but I don't want to cause any weird feelings because all the therapists work very closely together and it could get awkward. Same with the helmet dudes. I really liked this guy I met with on Monday much more than the original helmet guy.

Do I risk awkwardness and switch orthotists/therapists or do I suck it up and make due with what I was given and avoid hard feelings?

I know the answer probably seems clear to most of you (switch) but REALLY put yourself in my shoes, would you really go through the trouble of switching and dealing with the evil eyes that would await you at every future appointment? These are small offices and they all work with each other constantly.

I need advice because my brain is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired.

11 comments:

Natalie Service said...

Oh Carrie - I needed a good laugh and you and your wonderful boys provided me with that. I just love ya!

I swear the words "are you ok" have pepper spray attached to them! tears.tears.tears. I hear ya! And I'm not a pretty cry-er but I will be the first one to tell you to cry it out babe! I have been all day.

I thought I had some great advise to give you, but then you said, "put yourself in my shoes" and I just can't bring myself to do that. You know me and shoes! So, I guess I got nothing for ya. I just know that you'll do what's best. You're the best mom ever, afterall!

Sarah said...

Seriously, Carrie, you should know better than to ask Natalie to put herself in your shoes! But, as Nalani knows, I will put myself in anyone's shoes- even if they are too small. So, honestly, I probably wouldn't switch. I am not saying its the right thing to do, but I am non-confrontational that way. Plus, what if you disliked the next therapist MORE?? But it is your money, your time adn your son's head, so most people will tell you to switch. But I am a lame-o and wouldn't have the guts.
Okay, next thing. My boys all wear boxer/briefs too and always have. I accidentally bought some whitey-tighteys at Back to School time and they FLIPPED OUT, and refused to wear 'those panties.' I assured them thats LOTS of boys wear those kind of underwear, but they don't believe it (Dad doesn't...they said.)

Toni said...

1st great pics of the soccer game, I am sure they were much more amusing than the actual game.2nd have you seen that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine kept switching doctors? She finds out that they keep penciling "unknown" things in her chart but they must not be good because anytime she tries to see someone else they wouldn't give her the time of day because she was being so difficult. Now I am not saying that this would happen to you, your post just reminded me of that episode and it was funny. I figure, you are paying the bill and you should be happy with the service you are getting especially when it come to medicine and your kids, I would probably switch and the docs can learn to deal. I will ask Bri if he would be offended if that happened to him. Maybe you could write them a "it's not you, it's me" note when you part ways to make them feel better :)

PrincessKatie said...

Cute new pics. I love the crack one and the lighting is great. You gotta enter that one in a contest! Poor Cameron I hope that having a break from teh helmet and getting it fixed will help him not be so miserable. Hang in there you are so strong and will make it through even though some days are bad. If you ever need a break or want to talk feel free to let me know!

Rose said...

I'm with Toni on this one. Health professionals are used to patients switching on them. Most understand that patients need the care givers that are right for them. Sometimes, they wish their patients would choose a different provider. I would say that the care givers would prefer you are with whomever you are most comfortable with and are more concerned that you are getting the help you need.

Anonymous said...

you got enough advice- don't need any from me!! it was a fun game- text me the time for saturdays k! still not sure if i was seeing but cleavage or boob cleavage!! yuk!!!

Anonymous said...

you got enough advice- don't need any from me!! it was a fun game- text me the time for saturdays k! still not sure if i was seeing but cleavage or boob cleavage!! yuk!!!

Eden said...

We didn't really care for Maya's pediatrician. She was recently out of school and seemed timid. She didn't have much of a personality and I just didn't get that "I know what I'm doing" feel from her.

Then she was out of the office one day and we saw her partner. He was so wonderful, I loved him right away. I felt like he spent so much more time listening to us--even though we weren't his patients.

So then we had the dilemma--switch to the doctor who I felt was right for us (and face the discomfort), or stay with someone who we didn't like (and not make waves).

We switched.

I figured I can face 30 minutes of possible discomfort at an appointment knowing that all the rest of the time I feel happy with the care we receive and confident in my doctor.

Medical professionals are used to people "meshing" with some doctors and not others. If someone really "gets" you--I say go with it. It may be uncomfortable for a bit, but you'll feel better in the long run.

Natalie said...

Man, you take great pictures. I love the injured kids and the sunny butt crack. Good stuff. Sorry about the Dr. dilema. I would be afraid to change too. I'm a non-confrontational wussy. Neal would be bugging me forever to do it, but I would just put it off then never do it. I would just hope that the Dr's read my blog and would decide to be nicer and everything would be all better.

Amy B. said...

Switch...it's for Cameron's sake not yours. Sorry about being harsh...Also, a Doctor would do the same for his kid's sake. Good Luck!

Ambyr said...

Ok, so I absolutly can't wait until Austin plays an "organized" sport! That has to be the best time for all involved. As far as Cameron goes, I look at it this way; I want what is best for my kids and if that means a new doctor than I would do it, screw the rest of the people. You won't see them that often and when this is all over you most likely won't see them again. I don't like confrontation but I will fight for my kids. We have already switched Austin's Dr because I didn't like his office staff so maybe i'm tainted but that's just me!

I gave Austin a high 5 for you and then accidentally hit him in the other side of the head with the fridge door and left a nice bruise there as well.